What's new

Dermo questions

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
(1) My skin feels extra dry, but I have not developed any physically visible issues such as scaly skin. Would the dry skin feeling clear up if I simply drank a lot of water, or do I need to stop drinking kava too?
(2) Does micro cause dermo issues more rapidly than squeezing medium grind kava root?
(3) If stopping all kava consumption is the answer, how long do you think a person should be on the wagon? I realize this will vary from person to person, but is there a general rule of thumb here?

exit stage left
When I get skin issues, they're pretty severe, red, swollen skin around the eyes that hurts a lot. I have to stop kava completely for about a week to get back to normal.
When I get dry skin without it being sore, sometimes moisturizer or special hydrocortisone cream the doctor gave me can keep it from developing into something more severe while I continue to drink kava

Sorry, can't answer the rest of your questions.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
My skin goes dry before it starts the reptile stage. You really have to stop kava to reverse it, usually 4-5 days for me. But it's not the dry skin that forces me to have a break, it's the uncomfortable watery eyes that comes at the same time.
I think Micro will be worse than medium grind, as the fine sediment we drink makes it worse, and with Micro you drink it all. At least with medium grind much of the sediment gets filtered out.