What's new

Dermo

Tyallen

Kava Curious
Happy Kava Friday to everyone!
Just wondering if anyone else has had or has this issue...
I have zero issues with dermo accept when I drink any Waka Kava. I've had some from several different well respected vendors and it hits me every time, so it's not limited to just one vendor. Could it be possible that I'm allergic to it somehow? Has anyone else had a problem with certain ones and not others? Sucks because I do like the effects, but the dermo is bad. My hands get bad, but my lips seem to get dry and cracked as well. As soon as I stop for a couple days it clears up pretty good so I know it's the Kava. Thanks in advance

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I found that if I drink lots of wakacon lawena, but not from their waka, also not if I mix the two. But if I drink nothing but lots of wakacon lawena that seems to bring on the dermo.

Of course, you can get dermo from any kava, I guess. For me it comes and goes.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Happy Kava Friday to everyone!
Just wondering if anyone else has had or has this issue...
I have zero issues with dermo accept when I drink any Waka Kava. I've had some from several different well respected vendors and it hits me every time, so it's not limited to just one vendor. Could it be possible that I'm allergic to it somehow? Has anyone else had a problem with certain ones and not others? Sucks because I do like the effects, but the dermo is bad. My hands get bad, but my lips seem to get dry and cracked as well. As soon as I stop for a couple days it clears up pretty good so I know it's the Kava. Thanks in advance
Anytime I drink 3-4 days in a roll, (like this 3 day weekend) it happens to me too, stay hydrated, try to eat well and it will help. Lip balm will soothe your lips till it passes and you could use amlactin for your skin if it's really bad.

I should add I drink a lot of kava, so that's a pound in 4-5 days at best.

Tyallen

Kava Curious
I appreciate it y'all. I'm gonna give it another go and see what happens. I'll stay more hydrated than normal. I'll say my diet has gotten bad since I've had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones. Being able to eat whatever without issues. I've really enjoyed the waka Kava except for the madness that follows. Maybe I just got something weird going on that reacts with it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Tyallen I've been taking coconut oil capsules daily for a long time now and I rarely get much worse than just dry hands.

I should also add that I drink 3 to 8 tbsps of kava every day.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Anytime I drink 3-4 days in a roll, (like this 3 day weekend) it happens to me too, stay hydrated, try to eat well and it will help. Lip balm will soothe your lips till it passes and you could use amlactin for your skin if it's really bad.

I should add I drink a lot of kava, so that's a pound in 4-5 days at best.
Yup, that's a lot of kava. The very upper limit of what one can safely consume?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yup, that's a lot of kava. The very upper limit of what one can safely consume?
I drink kava in bursts of 4-5 days like that, take a few off and start again the following week, of course I love drinking everyday and moderation is/should be considered. I find my drinking habits change from time to time.

I have drank a pound in 3 days and 2 pounds a week for a month stretch, but that's like saying, "come on down dermo, with open arms" ;)

Tyallen

Kava Curious
@Tyallen I've been taking coconut oil capsules daily for a long time now and I rarely get much worse than just dry hands.

I should also add that I drink 3 to 8 tbsps of kava every day.
I'll give those a shot. I'm sure the other health benefits would be good too.
I drink about 5 days out of the week. Usually between 6 to 10 tbls at a time. I'm sure that's on the upper end and welcomes dermo. It's just odd that Waka is the only strains that give this to me. @Krunky I do believe you win the upper end award for sure though!