What's new

dermopathy duration est stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Kava Curious
so hey it was around the 7th that i stopped drinking kava every day due to dermopathy of the hands. I have really bad anxiety and so on the badder days i have used kava probs 3 or 4 times since then, and my hands no longer feel like i have sandpapery glove when i touch things anymore and my skin is softening up but not all the way (just starting to feel moisture in my hands the other day, how long do you think it would take to completely get rid of it if i did not touch kava at all?

not looking for exact just what you think in your personally opinion.

(dont need to reed this if you dont want to just getting rid of some stress)
Geez i cant wait to get back on the Kava wagon, shit sleep and super stressed can barely hold a single day with ought someone misinterpreting what i say with ought me getting upset or vice versa driving me nuts, (live with family) it has gotten to the point where i lock the door so as to not cause any arguments if i am not feeling up to socializing cause once i have a panic attack nobody will actually sit and talk with me with ought themselves getting pissed off because of my "antics" and that just makes it worse when they try and fail because its easier to work through it on my own then for them to try help me then say i am too much for them but then its even easier when they don't get pissed off at me for having a panic attack and help me with it.

getting to the point im starting to think about going on valium just so theirs a period of days where im not the cause of all the family's main stresses, but it fucking nearly whacked me to get off it last time.

sorry for the rant

Cheers

Jack

Kava Curious
Days to weeks, depends on your individual case and how much kava you consume.

Give this a shot, I have a hunch it might work a little better than creams/lotions/vitamins or whatever because it actually takes off a little bit of skin. I don't know as I haven't tried it on dermopathy yet: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/dermopathy-hand-care-tip.2277/

Hope it gets better soon man.
thanks for the quick reply kavadude, I would normally drink between 4 to 5 (rarely 6 to 8) tablespoons and id only have the first wash but i drank that every night for about 3 months 2 weeks (stuff was happening and i forgot that kava causes this after 3 months)
I also dunno if anybody has noticed this but i am finding the dermopathy is worse in the hand i have submersed in the kava when i kneed it, curious. and i just read the link you sent ill go do that now cause i bet it will help, it would have been awesome when my skin was flaking off lol i ended up finding some sandstone and just roughed my hands up that way to get it off before moisturizing it.
currently using a daily multi vitamin and also skin creams, its gottent to the point now that if i forget to put my hand cream on i forget i even have dermopathy untill i do something that requires paying attention to touch and when i do put it on its not dramatic releif anymore just feels allot nicer.

time to go find some sugar or table salt, ( its the granules right not the actual sugar?

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
It increases the turnover rate of skin cells. Just a lotion with alpha hydroxy acid. Find it on Amazon. Relatively cheap. If I say something prevents dermopathy take my word for it. I've had some of the most insane cases from overindulging but I cleared up and didn't have anymore issues after using it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Jack

Kava Curious
It increases the turnover rate of skin cells. Just a lotion with alpha hydroxy acid. Find it on Amazon. Relatively cheap. If I say something prevents dermopathy take my word for it. I've had some of the most insane cases from overindulging but I cleared up and didn't have anymore issues after using it.

cheers mate :) will buy it stat, also do you find you can continually drink kava whilst using amlactin? or do you still need breaks?

Jack

Kava Curious

Hey mate I live in Australia so i can't buy Amlactin but i found this which i can purchase, can you look at it for me to see if it will do the job.
link http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/pa...la-intensive-relief-moisturising-lotion-400ml

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
D

Deleted User01

Jack, I feel your pain man. What you need is solitude and a chance to work shit out. It ain't gonna happen in a crowded house full of family. I'm going out on a limb here and I'm gonna tell you to do everything in your power to move out. Even if you have to live in a Van by The River. You can go home for lunch and supper and there will be much love going both ways when you go home. But you need time and solitude to work stuff out by yourself. If you are married or high school age, then that's a whole different animal. That's my 2 cents and you guys can flame my sorry ass for going out of bounds.

Jack

Kava Curious
Jack, I feel your pain man. What you need is solitude and a chance to work shit out. It ain't gonna happen in a crowded house full of family. I'm going out on a limb here and I'm gonna tell you to do everything in your power to move out. Even if you have to live in a Van by The River. You can go home for lunch and supper and there will be much love going both ways when you go home. But you need time and solitude to work stuff out by yourself. If you are married or high school age, then that's a whole different animal. That's my 2 cents and you guys can flame my sorry ass for going out of bounds.
Hey mate, I don't think ur outa bounds, but as circumstances are in my life at the moment that would be incredibly difficult, I'm only 20 not in school, free loader with a pension.

I have a screwed up back and left ankle, I also got traumatised as a child at multiple schools which up until 2 years ago i had very little to any memories of my entire childhood I read studies on alternative medicines for truama depression and the funky mushroom turned up.

I ended up remembering years of trauma that I myself had forgotten and since then I have anxiety / panic attacks, it's getting better from when it first unblocked my memories and from before I first took em( first six months was 1 full blown panic attack non stop except when I was so exhausted id pass out, only to wake up what felt like 10 seconds later to what feels like a knife slowly going through my ribs into my heart out and repeat). I'm not trying to make excuses I agree I probs do need to move out but my physical and psychological health right now are not what I want to achieve before I fly the coop, the thing is at the moment theirs allot happening we just moved to a bigger house and I just had to get dermopathy 3 days before we moved timing huh and it's been like you can probs guess with ought my daily kava drink my anxiety builds fast and little sleep, but with the way my family treats me now I consider movin lots but not able to bums me a bit too.
Up until the beggining of last year I was 100gk but the anxiety drove me to run it off down to 58kg then I've been slowly reabilitating my body doing physio etc at home I'm now 70kg and running is was one of my best coping mechanisms but during colder months I can't do much physically cause of my ankle injury and also conveniently we are heading for winter where I live so allot of things are just outa whack and when I don't sleep good then it just sucks when it comes to being able to control PTSD triggers etc etc etc I'm rambling lol.
Theirs other stuff but I won't go into that unless it's private chatting

I'm just trying to make sure I stay alive day by day and look after my cat who also funnily enough has a panic disorder and she passes out nearly stops breathing and she has a heart murmur so it can be serious, I left on holidays once she passed out at vets ( vet frieked the hell out ) and when my older brother temp moved out with his cat ( my cats soul mate) she nearly died from the stress put on meds now ( although she does not need all the time due to her hubby is back) and when we moved she also started having these attacks again though after a week of hiding in my room she's explored the house a couple times but refuses to unless I give her the nudge, been reading bout kava for pets so far no bad things I've read, and a little of drops on their tongue left her licking her lips allot lol then a bit more relaxed. Basically I can't move out for my cat too unless I get a kitten for her a few months beforehand or some such solution(
a pic of my baby girl Siamese seal point runt with heart murmur about 5 1/2 and the size of a kitten still, wouldn't trade her for anything)

I really appreciate your input and for caring dude most people just look at me weird when I try to convey even a fraction of my problems.

Been trying to get my parents to drink kava kinda like in traditions to diffuse the sitch so as to get to the problem and cause of the matter but they are very much against anything mind altering even though I try to tell them it's nothing like cannabis or alcohol which they drink on occasion. Finally got mum to say she will try it but I'm not holding my breath, I think the taste is a major thing for them too.

Better stop before this things hits a mile long lol been typing this over an hour.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

Well said Jack. I have often quoted "Who needs Kava when you have runners High". Perhaps long walks with your cat might be in order. Coming from a big family, I was just remembering how nerve wracking it is to be around family so much. As an adult, I cherish solitude more than anything. It gives me a chance to work stuff out and flush out all the extraneous crap running around my mind. I Hope you heal soon.

Jack

Kava Curious
Well said Jack. I have often quoted "Who needs Kava when you have runners High". Perhaps long walks with your cat might be in order. Coming from a big family, I was just remembering how nerve wracking it is to be around family so much. As an adult, I cherish solitude more than anything. It gives me a chance to work stuff out and flush out all the extraneous crap running around my mind. I Hope you heal soon.
I partly agree with that, the runners high is awesome and very similar to kava but I find that it won't provide the pain relief and/or mild inebriation for which I use to help keep calm during conversations if I say something stupid, and sleep I get incredible sleep but as for the anti depressant side of it as use it to wind down I find it very similar to a good 30 40 minute sprint. At the moment on good sunny days I go running along cliffs
around where I live my solitude is running with a 300 odd ft fall a couple ft away off track and the ocean stretching forever away, I find gyms clostraphobic and boring, and I do overall body workout every few days to rehabilitate my back but I'm trying to do it daily but it makes my abs sore for a day or two after.

And I agree with you I like my time alone it's a great way to wipe clean the slate, I'm in a fam of 7 so yeah big one here but i feel more lonely then spending to much time with them.
I only got 2 friends ( many aquatances who will say they are friends but it's just cause we go to the same bible study group) who live in my country and they are a couple with their own lives ( although they are moving 10 minute walk away in a week or two so hopefully that will change stuff, cause I know when I hang out with my mate josh and his partner Esther I'm "happy" and all my triggers disappear for a time sometimes even days and even if I'm having a panic attack he would say like 2 or 3 things makes me laugh And I feel better)
my others friends are overseas in Canada and America, but all my mates are my older brothers too so I got nobody I can really just chat with that doesn't have a direct link to what's happening in my everyday life or even just to go do shit that guys my age do fuck I'd kill for the opportunity to go kick ball in the park ( even to the point I nearly asked some guys At a local park yesterday on my walk if I could join in but I was having a panic attack at the time and I don't even know if that's a normal thing to do ? If you don't mind answering that....)but my older bro has crushed disc in spine and severe ibs kava helps him do shot but nothing much physical and my three younger ones are too bratty to have just myself look after them in the park
I'm seeing a counsellor etc but it's only helping with coming to terms with all my memories.

Just keeping my soul on a groovy vibe, untill I'm feeling better i ain't listening to nothing but very positive music etc nothing that may cause extra stress, music anime manga running and walks are all my favourite activities to do by myself.

Already doing hour walks every day. (About 5km ) I'd love to take my cat but Siamese are a very territorial critter and she gets panic attacks leaving the house even though she's an outdoor kitty ( it's about 3 times bigger from last home so she's gone from cottage to 3 story house, big change for her )

Think I am going to do a run in an hour or two sunny day hopefully today.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

Panic attacks don't need a reason, they just happen. So in your case, it is normal to have them at inopportune times and I'm sure there are a dozen guys here that will tell you the same thing. It seems like you are coping and doing the best you can until everything comes together for you. I never had dermopathy but guys like Yepimonfire will gladly point you in the right direction and they know their stuff. This is for you mate, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi. :D

Jack

Kava Curious
Panic attacks don't need a reason, they just happen. So in your case, it is normal to have them at inopportune times and I'm sure there are a dozen guys here that will tell you the same thing. It seems like you are coping and doing the best you can until everything comes together for you. I never had dermopathy but guys like Yepimonfire will gladly point you in the right direction and they know their stuff. This is for you mate, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi. :D
Oi Oi Oi :) thanks Deleted User01 i apreciate the input, really i do its so rare for me to hear that, and yes they do happen randomly! And yeah I am apreciating all the input from everyone on here for all the questions i ask even if they are not complex, your all a bunch of nice people heres to all you BULA if i could use some kava :p

currently listening to this song pretty positive and i love the video clip

Jack

Kava Curious
Yes that should work. And it should substantially reduce or eliminate the dermopathy allowing you to continuously drink kava with little to no problems.

cheers mate bought it cant wait to get it :) your a lifesaver

Jack

Kava Curious
well i just got the body moisturizer in my mailbox just then put it on , its a bit later now and my hands are feeling fab its so much better then the other hand creams i have been using. thanks mate for the help.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Dude you need some therapy and possibly medication. Keep up the kava it can be a lifesaver. Use as much as you need. Anxiety can be debilitating and I know it first hand. Stay away from benzos. They are bad news except in short term circumstances.

Jack

Kava Curious
Dude you need some therapy and possibly medication. Keep up the kava it can be a lifesaver. Use as much as you need. Anxiety can be debilitating and I know it first hand. Stay away from benzos. They are bad news except in short term circumstances.

Thank you for your concern, I am already receiving therapy and my current physician has me take kava, i know the dangers of benzos which i am also pescribed, cheers for the help with the alpha hydroxy my skin has not felt like this for a long time felt weird waking up with hydrated skin i will continue taking kava as it is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.