What's new

Dermopathy

blindy107

Kava Lover
Uhmm it can. Usually turns to larger white flakes pretty quickly. You will feel like snaggy skin when you run your hands over it. Kind of like dry hand skin catches on bedsheets. If you have that problem ever. I guess not at a lotion store or wherever you work. Hah

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
Eek.... I just noticed a sunburn type peel under my boobs too.... The tiny red stripes are behind my underarms. Time to be more vigilant about moisturizing. I haven't seen any mention of otc hydrocortisone cream for dermopathy, which is the cure all in the aesthetic world? Wonder if anyone has tried that?

blindy107

Kava Lover
Usually amlactin but only when it's white and dry. I used gold bond ultimate when it's red and stingy.

Those sound like dermo locations. I get underarm area. Neck and chest.

exit stage left
I get really red, swollen and sore skin around my eyes if I drink too much of some strains of kava, it's almost as if it aggravates seasonal allergies, and my doctor prescribed hydrocortisone cream for it, and I've found that it is one of the only things that helps.

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
Hopefully I am catching it soon enough...before it gets weirder :-/ thanks guys!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Maybe a picture of the effected area and then lots and lots of pictures of random uneffected parts of your body can help us tell if it is really dermo;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
Hope it heals quick for you. I get effected like Schmedward does, it intensifies my allergies. I also got real itchy on Kava King micro for a day or two but it passed luckily. I only drink micro in a spot where I have no root made up or with me at work.

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe a picture of the effected area and then lots and lots of pictures of random uneffected parts of your body can help us tell if it is really dermo;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
Hope it heals quick for you. I get effected like Schmedward does, it intensifies my allergies. I also got real itchy on Kava King micro for a day or two but it passed luckily. I only drink micro in a spot where I have no root made up or with me at work.
Haha....your commitment to helpfulness is really so noble. ;)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
That is wise ;)
My male mind saw boob and kava together and went nuts.

Haha I really do hope the best tho.... I get some minor dermo around my waist line that kinda comes and goes. And now I'm getting it on my lips cause the cold buffalo fall coming in !!!!!!