What's new

Did BKH get my order wrong?

Joeb004

Kava Curious
I was supposed to get the Nambawan Micronized. The sticker on the back gives instructions for Micronized (Just mix 1-2 tablespoons in your favorite beverage...etc), but the front says Ground Kava Root. So I mixed up and took a drink, was like picking sawdust out of my teeth. I passed it through a sieve, and this is what remained of the 2 Tbs (sans the big gulp that I took).

Thanks in advance!

PS I've had KWK micronized before, and its a super fine powder compared to this stuff.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I was supposed to get the Nambawan Micronized. The sticker on the back gives instructions for Micronized (Just mix 1-2 tablespoons in your favorite beverage...etc), but the front says Ground Kava Root. So I mixed up and took a drink, was like picking sawdust out of my teeth. I passed it through a sieve, and this is what remained of the 2 Tbs (sans the big gulp that I took).

Thanks in advance!

PS I've had KWK micronized before, and its a super fine powder compared to this stuff.
Send them an email. Judd's someone who cares about his products. If it's wrong, he'll make it right. It's possible it had been swapped up somehow, because you shouldn't have large pieces in micronized kava. It should be almost super fine.

Joeb004

Kava Curious
I got a response back saying it was probably the right kava, just with mixed up lables. I told them 100% this stuff is not micronized. I sent them a picture of the strainer after I passed my kava through it in order to make it drinkable. Ill see what they say. Is there a way to attach a picture here so everyone can see I'm not crazy! ;)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I got a response back saying it was probably the right kava, just with mixed up lables. I told them 100% this stuff is not micronized. I sent them a picture of the strainer after I passed my kava through it in order to make it drinkable. Ill see what they say. Is there a way to attach a picture here so everyone can see I'm not crazy! ;)
If you're on desktop or mobile you should be able click "Upload a file" to add your picture as long as you're using the web browser. iOS lets you select the picture and upload to the post. I'm not 100% on Andriod as I don't own any droid devices but it should be similar.

Joeb004

Kava Curious
Excellent...thank you Kapm! As you can see...there's the micronized after I had to pass it through a strainer to make it drinkable. If that is their micronized, its nothing like the ones I got from KWK.

Best Regards,
Joe

Attachments

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Excellent...thank you Kapm! As you can see...there's the micronized after I had to pass it through a strainer to make it drinkable. If that is their micronized, its nothing like the ones I got from KWK.

Best Regards,
Joe
ooooh, yep. That's medium grind. A micronized kava would slip right through every pore in that metal screen.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Did you order a 1/2 pound bag? I saw a comment on a r/kava thread of some person claiming they got micronized Nambawan in there 1/2 medium grind bag.
looks like you got the wrong end of that mistake

Joeb004

Kava Curious
I ordered the 1 lb bag of micronized. Hoping to get an email with some options today. I've been corresponding with Mollie. Was really looking forward to this stuff, so I hope we can still make that happen.

BGLV1981

I ordered the 1 lb bag of micronized. Hoping to get an email with some options today. I've been corresponding with Mollie. Was really looking forward to this stuff, so I hope we can still make that happen.
Same with me. I'm sure they will take care and either refund or get correct product our way. All suppliers on this forum have been great to me in past. Will keep you posted with PM if I hear back first.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
We just emailed everyone who may be affected, and I gave Mollie (customer service) some guidelines for options to make it all right. We'll take care of it. I know some of you have already been in contact with Mollie, but it took a couple days to sort out what exactly happened and the best way to take care of people. She's on it now.

BGLV1981

We just emailed everyone who may be affected, and I gave Mollie (customer service) some guidelines for options to make it all right. We'll take care of it. I know some of you have already been in contact with Mollie, but it took a couple days to sort out what exactly happened and the best way to take care of people. She's on it now.
Thanks so much for fast reply. Appreciated

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I had the same issue with a 1lb bag and replied to my order confirmation email (which is the email address listed above) and have not heard back yet. I'm not sure why I was not included in the "may be effected" group but I guess I will shoot them another email. It's been so long since I bought medium from BKH I thought that it looked too fine to be medium, but too chunky to be micro.

Joeb004

Kava Curious
They did a good job with my situation, and I'm reasonably happy with the outcome given all things considered. Thanks BKH!

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I've had a refund for a pound of Taveini that was smelling awfully chemical. A reship would have been more appreciated then just a refund, plus the fact that I'm in Canada and shipping is expensive and the risk of border fees..

Still considere BKH a reference but they seems to have something to fix in their quality control.
I drink kava since 2 years daily. This one had a so strong plastic or let say a very drastic and super strong chemical smell. I dont know why I've tried aluballed one, but at first gulp I've spit it and the chemical tasking has remain for hours in my mouth and nose.

See this post:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/re-kwk-loa-waka-bad-smell-issue-resolved.15125/#post-167552

Last edited:

BGLV1981

Not sure how you got so lucky. Still waiting on teaching #and if order is reshipped. Glad you were taken care of though. Molly has been great it's just been over a week now.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I've had a refund for a pound of Taveini that was smelling awfully chemical. A reship would have been more appreciated then just a refund, plus the fact that I'm in Canada and shipping is expensive and the risk of border fees..

Still considere BKH a reference but they seems to have something to fix in their quality control.
I drink kava since 2 years daily. This one had a so strong plastic or let say a very drastic and super strong chemical smell. I dont know why I've tried aluballed one, but at first gulp I've spit it and the chemical tasking has remain for hours in my mouth and nose.

See this post:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/re-kwk-loa-waka-bad-smell-issue-resolved.15125/#post-167552
You're more than welcome to use your refund for another order. We figured you'd prefer the money so you could make your choice.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Not sure how you got so lucky. Still waiting on teaching #and if order is reshipped. Glad you were taken care of though. Molly has been great it's just been over a week now.

Mollie gave a couple options, right? Customers that want the micro need to wait some time because it has to be re-barcoded. If you would prefer a refund rather than wait, let us know.