What's new

Did we customize a washing machine to make kava? Yes we did and it is awesome!

D

Drug_Snuggler

Was wondering the same thing. REALLY slick idea with this though! Kava looked pretty thick too.
(glaring issues with this unit aside) - it can produce a "thick" shell that does have effect depending on your method of operation.

Its not efficient in terms of plant material required to get a reasonable grog, which is why I dont think this method is appropriate especially for commercial users facing increasing demand with inherent supply side constraints and disruptions. (but most k-bar owners have such a sweet profit margin they wont care until its too late) I get paid to think about things like this on the daily, in particular regarding natural products.

The grog it produces is different from traditional prep'd grogs. Its a matter of preference as to which method one likes best. Im currently gathering data on the kava prep'd via these two methods and will share when ready. Theres clear qualitative and quantitative differences b/t the two methods - is kavalactone bioavailability equivalent? Not sure yet, will take some effort but im now rather committed to finding out.

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
(glaring issues with this unit aside) - it can produce a "thick" shell that does have effect depending on your method of operation.

Its not efficient in terms of plant material required to get a reasonable grog, which is why I dont think this method is appropriate especially for commercial users facing increasing demand with inherent supply side constraints and disruptions. ........... Not sure yet, will take some effort but im now rather committed to finding out.
I agree that it does not seem to be the optimal solution for kava bars (although it does give a whole new meaning to 'second wash'). Looking forward to your further contributions on this topic. Thanks for your thoughts so far.

Peter
ozkava.au

KF approv - Forney logos with bowl 02-09-22.png

Last edited:

Kavafied

Kava Vendor

Its not efficient in terms of plant material required to get a reasonable grog, which is why I dont think this method is appropriate especially for commercial users facing increasing demand with inherent supply side constraints and disruptions. (but most k-bar owners have such a sweet profit margin they wont care until its too late) I get paid to think about things like this on the daily, in particular regarding natural products.

The grog it produces is different from traditional prep'd grogs. Its a matter of preference as to which method one likes best. Im currently gathering data on the kava prep'd via these two methods and will share when ready. Theres clear qualitative and quantitative differences b/t the two methods - is kavalactone bioavailability equivalent? Not sure yet, will take some effort but im now rather committed to finding out.
Like it or not our Kava Wash Machine Technology will go down as the greatest moment in kava industry history.
It appears we also live rent free in your troll head as you created your fake account the day we posted this and only interaction here has been trying to defame our products.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
would love to have a version about half the size and a little cheaper for personal/party use. trying the kava made from these would definitely convince many to purchase if it's as good as it is described. I have always been a traditional prep guy and never an aluball fan but I do enjoy the roots you sell :)

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
That’s kinda harsh @Kavafied. I have read three messages and I see his point (though a lil more tact on his part could be useful). I am a heath inspector and if I saw an item that has not been approved for food service and tested to within NSF guideline, I would start asking a slew of question.
I have been doing this a few decades and equipment safety/quality is very important. No need in going over those cases I have delt with that caused food borne illness and strait up killed people because of faulty food service equipment harboring bacteria in hard to clean places. Any way you shake it :) kava is a food product.

Last edited:

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
So the "customization" is the bag? Everything else looks the same from Amazon.
Any chance you remember the old washing machines with the rubber wringers on top? (specifically the wringers - pretty sure you can't pick up a washing machine from the 50's on Amazon these days) From paint shaker to "washing machine", there is an element of thought here. Throw in the wringers ("kneading technology") somehow and it might be viable. "Going down in kava history... " and claiming Bubble Dude's machine as his own "technology" is um....a bit much though, never mind the "food grade" component of all this. I'd prolly take a sip outta the right washing machine if I'm honest.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast

I was really impressed with the preparation Nakamal at Home does for large quantities:

It seems like a great mix of traditional prep and large scale.