What's new

Different Products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny Utah

Hey there. New on the forum. Looking at this vendor, can anybody tell me if "Pentecost Pride" and "100% Lateral Root Borogu" are the same type of kava? It kind of looks like maybe they're the same, just different parts of the plant.

Also, is Noble Kava the same as Vanuatu Kava Bar, and Vanuatu Kava Store? They sell the same prooducts. Just a re-branding?

Thanks.

infraredz

BULA!
It does look like they are both Borogu, but Pentecost Pride is a mix of root/chip whereas the other is 100% lateral root. Lateral root is supposed to be stronger (I've never tired root/chip vs lateral) so that's my take on that.

Noble Kava used to be called Vanuatu Kava Bar. Not sure about the affiliation with Vanuatu Kava Store and it's hard to tell since that site keeps giving me 404s. Nonetheless, Andrew is a great guy, very ethical and dedicated so I'm sure that you'll find great root no matter what you end up getting.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Yes, the "Pentecost Pride" is a mix of between 70/30 and 60/40 chips-to-laterals. It provides a more balanced effect. The 100% laterals have a higher amount of lactones, but the "stump" (chips, taproot, etc.) provides the coveted high kavain content. Some people just like the heavy-hitting lateral roots, so we offer that as well. When we get our shipments, we receive them separately (chips and roots) so we mix it here, and it is a slightly different blend than what one would get from VKS based on that.

The product itself is the Borogu cultivar, so it is essentially the same plant as the VKS-branded stuff, but with a slightly different ratio of chips:laterals. (You will also see Boroguru in places as well, which is genetically identical - just grown on a different island - Maewo) Because of our sourcing, we are moving away from having the same branded names as VKS, or anyone for that matter, though they do supply a great majority of our products. We are moving toward ID by cultivar and island primarily, as the appellation of origin laws being crafted will soon stipulate - so we can continue to stay a step ahead of things. The info for the product on the current website was just pulled off of the old website by our new webmaster before new content was created, so it is a leftover vestige of the "old days." But, it is a great product. The quality control is overseen from start to finish by our exporters, who have a very unique method of drying they developed that does not expose the roots to sunlight during the drying process, yet keeps a current of warm, dry air passing over them without using any "artificial" heat. (That is to say, no non-solar heat is used.)

So, in short, yes, it is Borogu, which is the most widely grown and consumed drinking kava in the world - and for good reason. Well rounded, not very foul in the taste, and a quick-hitting, short-acting experience, as expected of noble kavas. If you order over a 1/2 kg, please send an email to [email protected] after you order, and I'll be happy to throw in 100g of any other kava powder of your choice to sample, or a pack of Steve's Kava Candies for free.

Hope that helps. Please feel free to hit me up with a message if you have any more related questions!

Cheers! Alez!

Iahi (Andrew)

Status
Not open for further replies.