What's new

Dizziness and Kava

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all,

I'm new to Kava and ordered some Wow from Nakamal at home.
I've used it 5 times now, and 3 or 4 of those times I've been experiencing bad Dizziness when I get to around the 4th shell. I also feel a little bit on edge and uncomfortable before I get to that point. It's like I feel relaxed but slightly uncomfortable.

Could it be the wow kava? I've read on here some people saying that some of nakamals noble is contaminated with tudei, can tudei cause this?
One other thing to mention is that I take pregabalin for nerve pain, however I have been leaving 12 - 16 hour gaps before taking my kava so I can't imagine it's that which is causing it?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Thanks

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi all,

I'm new to Kava and ordered some Wow from Nakamal at home.
I've used it 5 times now, and 3 or 4 of those times I've been experiencing bad Dizziness when I get to around the 4th shell. I also feel a little bit on edge and uncomfortable before I get to that point. It's like I feel relaxed but slightly uncomfortable.

Could it be the wow kava? I've read on here some people saying that some of nakamals noble is contaminated with tudei, can tudei cause this?
One other thing to mention is that I take pregabalin for nerve pain, however I have been leaving 12 - 16 hour gaps before taking my kava so I can't imagine it's that which is causing it?

Thanks
It very well could be the type of kava. Some kavas are just edgier than others in their chemistry and how they interact with your physiology. Im sorry it’s taken this long to get an answer. Nakamal At Home’s kava is noble except for the tudei kava they sell in a clearly marked bag.

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Hey, thanks for the reply mr krunk.

It turns out I wasn't straining it properly at all since I used a very cheap strainer, and was possibly drinking it too fast also.

Since I got a new strainer, the dizziness hasn't been a problem!

I appreciate the reply.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast

Thanks
I am not personally familiar with that prescription strenth medicine but people say that it is strong. Its mechanism has strong interactions.

It seems reasonable to suspect depressant-depressant interaction (alpha2-delta calcium channel-sodium channel/wany effects of kava#)

Half-life of pregabalin is approx 6 hours.

Does kava help w chronic pain?

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I am not personally familiar with that prescription strenth medicine but people say that it is strong. Its mechanism has strong interactions.

It seems reasonable to suspect depressant-depressant interaction (alpha2-delta calcium channel-sodium channel/wany effects of kava#)

It can because it relaxes the muscles that are generally tight and knotted up from physical reactions to pain. I am still getting past some RT and I deal with chronic pain that comes in flares. It used to be constant and it's not anymore. Kava does reduce inflammation which is also helpful for those of us with autoimmune disorders. I've found that element to be immediately beneficial to reduce flare ups.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Kava does reduce inflammation which is also helpful for those of us with autoimmune disorders. I've found that element to be immediately beneficial to reduce flare ups.
For muscles you might like warm clay pads, if you do not dislike heat. Electrical heating might be most convenient.

If joints are painful, you'd value microelement boron, about 5 mg in a day (unless you live in one of the few boron-rich regions). Does not provide instant relief, tho'.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Edit- this was actually a Direct reply to @Yogini but I felt sure that the original poster would also see it, so I could have replied to one or the other member.

Hi, hoping you are well and comfortable enough currently. I just wonder if increasing your magnesium levels might help muscular relaxation because I think magnesium is very important for this and we are mostly very deficient in this mineral the best way to get magnesium levels up and sorry if you already know this I think we may have discussed it in another thread actually but I emphasized the the efficiency of using topical magnesium oil alongside a good quality magnesium supplement.

Diet alone simply is not enough these days even if we eat plenty of supposedly magnesium rich foods. But I think magnesium is very important for muscle pain and relaxation and if you think that your magnesium levels may be considerably subpar it could be worth giving it a shot at really ramping them up with a combination of topical magnesium oil and a quality supplement, to repeat myself lol.

I agree also that kava can definitely help with muscular pain and tension depending on the specific cultivar of some cultivars will surely be more effective than others for this purpose.

But the kava could help in a mental way because there is a physical pain and our mental perception of it and a strong kava buzz can take our mind off of physical discomfort and allowed us to enter a dreamier, more physically detached state.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
@Charlie_E1992

Also, when it comes to acute injury and pain we have this fantastically effective infrared massaging tool which is very cheap on Amazon it really brings significant relief from pain which lasts for a surprisingly long time and basically seems to reduce pain levels for the entire following day but also the infrared in particular actually stimulate the healing of soft tissue as well as bone. Just going to look for a link quickly hold on a second lol:

Amazon product

Amazon product

Okay, the top link is Amazon UK, and the exact same model we have here.

The second link is amazon.com because I don't know where you are based but it is a different model but possibly may be better or equally good I can't say.

But you may even be able to find the MG40 model elsewhere if you ate USA.

I appreciate Charlie that your condition and type of pain and level is entirely different to my own but I have had a major foot injury causing so much pain and weakness and whenever I have had a treatment with this infrared massager well the relief is just incredible and it lasts for a surprisingly long time because of the infrared actually very quickly stimulating healing of all tissues.

It's also absolutely fantastic to run over a very sore back and provides such an extraordinary level of comfort and relaxation.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Oh, as well-dead sea salt, body temperature baths are so soothing and relieving.

As well as edible clay baths, except that particular practice is recommended to the company internal ingestion of the Edible clay which is incredibly cleansing for the digestive tract and intestines, despite being full of minerals and having a very positive effect on healthy gut Flora. Edible clay is much easier to tolerate and stomach than kava in my past experience of it.

The effect of the edible clay on my digestive functions and elimination. Unfortunately Lee like most medicinal herbs, my immune system reacted too adversely to the internal clay producing unbearably excessive mucus production and lung congestion.

But it massively enhanced and strengthened my health while I used it especially my digestive and elimination function.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Medical cannabis can also be remarkably relieving for intense nerve pain 1 internet friend I quiet has a specific condition causing unbearable nerve pain and he uses high quality American cannabis flower via vaporization and he gets considerable and substantial relief from the pain using cannabis this way.

Just wanted to mention really not trying to push anybody towards any particular drug lol.

Regardless please keep us posted on your progress and journey briefly @Charlie_E1992 , I personally will be very interested to hear of any developments and wishing you the best my friend.

And just to share are in the moment ,50 grams of Kava sunk here tomight-bag shake method- first jar was 20 g of of the heavy, N@H Stone Kava. Not really my taste. Too heavy and knockout.

Then 25 grams of KSNZ Kelai. Much better, it picked me up a lot and put me in a really happy place. You really noticed the Kavain rush with that one.

Followed by a very decent dose of cannabis infused coconut oil.

The funny thing again though is that one and and 40 minutes after I took my last glass of the 25 grams of Kelai Kava, as soon as I started eating I suddenly was absolutely wasted and I could only see properly with one eye closed lol but it was a very lovely and relaxed buzz.

So please excuse any typos.

I used the the bag shaking method with sunflower lecithin and 25 grams per bag in the Alubottle, I did too thorough shakes and washers of each strainer bag so that effectively my 50 g is arguably more than 50 g in a way hence the gloriously heavy and uplifting and transcendental effects. 300ml water per wash, twice and mixed.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
According to literature may more often than not amplify the pain when taken in large amounts not combined w painkillers, I recall.
Intetesting. All I know is that my online friend has a particular condition causing ultra nerve pain and he honestly could not live without the use of high-grade medical cannabis vaporized frequently throughout the day and night.

I am not sure if he is on any high strength painkillers but I may enquire about that when I have more energy for broader communication, have been especially sick of late with no energy for anything but seem to be picking up a bit which is Glorious.

And you have to beware of propaganda on the internet by the drug companies and medical establishment and elite who are very strongly have been doing everything within their power to prevent the world from having easy access to and belief in alternative natural medicines.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
And you have to beware of propaganda
The influence of pharmaco-medical industrial-regulatory complex is not completely invisible for science; not to the extent that it would be wise to resort to cynicism but the conflict of interest statements are there for a reason.

I have a neutral attitude towards the green herb BTW.

Last edited:

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast

It does help my pain when I consume Kava, but my pain seems to come back worse than normal the day after unfortunately. I think I may have to stop using it if that is the case, which I'll be upset about if I have to :(

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Edit- this was actually a Direct reply to @Yogini but I felt sure that the original poster would also see it, so I could have replied to one or the other member.

Hi, hoping you are well and comfortable enough currently. I just wonder if increasing your magnesium levels might help muscular relaxation because I think magnesium is very important for this and we are mostly very deficient in this mineral the best way to get magnesium levels up and sorry if you already know this I think we may have discussed it in another thread actually but I emphasized the the efficiency of using topical magnesium oil alongside a good quality magnesium supplement.

Diet alone simply is not enough these days even if we eat plenty of supposedly magnesium rich foods. But I think magnesium is very important for muscle pain and relaxation and if you think that your magnesium levels may be considerably subpar it could be worth giving it a shot at really ramping them up with a combination of topical magnesium oil and a quality supplement, to repeat myself lol.

I agree also that kava can definitely help with muscular pain and tension depending on the specific cultivar of some cultivars will surely be more effective than others for this purpose.

But the kava could help in a mental way because there is a physical pain and our mental perception of it and a strong kava buzz can take our mind off of physical discomfort and allowed us to enter a dreamier, more physically detached state.
Thank you for the suggestion! I actually already consume magnesium on a daily basis (although I ran out recently, so need to buy some more). I find it helps somewhat, but not to the level I would like it to. Is there a certain type of magnesium you would recommend?

I appreciate all of your other suggestions also. I will read through them again properly tomorrow - however the infrared massager looks interesting!

I unfortunately can't consume cannabis, as I react very badly to it, even in very small doses. The same for CBD also unfortunately :(

Thanks!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Have you tried TENS electrotherapy (if it is not head or internal organs)?
Good suggestion. It would not still be so often recommended I don't believe after being around for decades if it was not noticeably effective at reducing and controlling pain levels in certain cases at least.

But also work exploring is magnotherapy which is fantastic for pain relief and there are a variety of products people can use like mattress pads and knee straps and hand pads and plain old neodymium magnets.

Norstar is an excellent company producing a wide variety of magnotherapy products.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
But also work exploring is magnotherapy which is fantastic for pain relief and there are a variety of products people can use like mattress pads and knee straps and hand pads and plain old neodymium magnets.
If magnetotherapy works, try medical grade electromagnetic therapy that has stronger magnetic field. If you are in US, it is probably far cheaper to try non-medical but equally good electromagnet (I am aware that in US some medical services are daylight robbery when compared to other parts of the world).