What's new

Do you get really dry with certian Kavas? I found something that helps :)

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I've noticed that if I am drinking Vinuatu 3 or Togan Pride I get instantaneously dry and itchy, it's not from drinking too much or for too long, it happens anytime. it should be said that I am a ridiculously dry person any way, and I live in Wyoming so that doesn't help. I've been kind of sick lately so I had my husband pick up Pedialyte or the knock off brand and it had an unexpected but very nice effect. No more dryness, no more itchiness! I can drink 15 cups of tea and still dry out when drinking kava, but a bottle of Pedialyte and nothing, it is awesome. I just wanted to share my discovery :)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
sounds great. I may try it, I also get the itchy dry skin, thanks for the tip. Much love Roaddog...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....I can drink 15 cups of tea and still dry out when drinking kava, but a bottle of Pedialyte and nothing, it is awesome. I just wanted to share my discovery :)
Sounds promising. By any chance, do you have a link to the product you could share? I have never heard of it and am curious.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
Pedialyte

It is actually designed with children in mind but I always use it for when I am sick to keep from getting dehydrated. Kava can be very dehydrating for me but not when I drink Pedialyte.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Sounds promising. By any chance, do you have a link to the product you could share? I have never heard of it and am curious.
Pedialyte is a beverage for depleted ravers and dehydrated children with diarrhea or the flu . It's usually in the infant section at the grocery store or you can find the knock-off brand in the medicine/vitamin section at the Dollar store.
It's kinda like coconut water. Electrolytes.

NZdude

Kava Curious
I've noticed that if I am drinking Vinuatu 3 or Togan Pride I get instantaneously dry and itchy, it's not from drinking too much or for too long, it happens anytime. it should be said that I am a ridiculously dry person any way, and I live in Wyoming so that doesn't help. I've been kind of sick lately so I had my husband pick up Pedialyte or the knock off brand and it had an unexpected but very nice effect. No more dryness, no more itchiness! I can drink 15 cups of tea and still dry out when drinking kava, but a bottle of Pedialyte and nothing, it is awesome. I just wanted to share my discovery :)
Sounds interesting. So how much and when do you drink it? Do you drink a bottle before your kava session? Do you drink some befroe and after, just throughout the day, after your kava, or perhaps you mix your kava with it? :p How much do you drink,in oz or ml, and do you drink it everyday? So many questions :unsure:

I wonder if coconut water does the same?

D

Deleted User01

Pedialyte is perfect for dehdration which is kinda what you get from Kava. We always have it on hand for my mother in law. Sometimes I wonder how a Kava Kocktail with Orange Flavored Pedialyte would work. Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks for bringing this up @Mysobrietytool.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
So when that happens do you start scratching or what???
Not really. I try not to itch at all. I find it makes things worse. Actually I have devised my own cure for the itches. Here is what I do. I mix a little pain relieving antiseptic spray, and coconut oil together, and it makes sort of a homemade cream. You can also get the cheap stuff from CVS. I then apply it to the itchy spot. It usually stops itching immediately. I find that Dermopathy gets worse if you itch on it. Here is an image of the product I use along with the coconut oil. This stuff has Lidocain, which numbs the itch. Much love. Roaddog....

spray.JPG

KavaCat

Meow.
Not really. I try not to itch at all. I find it makes things worse. Actually I have devised my own cure for the itches. Here is what I do. I mix a little pain relieving antiseptic spray, and coconut oil together, and it makes sort of a homemade cream. You can also get the cheap stuff from CVS. I then apply it to the itchy spot. It usually stops itching immediately. I find that Dermopathy gets worse if you itch on it. Here is an image of the product I use along with the coconut oil. This stuff has Lidocain, which numbs the itch. Much love. Roaddog....

View attachment 1300
You can get straight lidocaine gel on amazon. I use it for leg waxes and the like. You could probably stretch a bottle of lidocaine out to the strength that's in the bactine and save a few bucks over time. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Although if one is prone to scratch, the bactine is probably good to prevent skin infections.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
You can get straight lidocaine gel on amazon. I use it for leg waxes and the like. You could probably stretch a bottle of lidocaine out to the strength that's in the bactine and save a few bucks over time. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Although if one is prone to scratch, the bactine is probably good to prevent skin infections.
Yes, Ill look into it. I guess mine is sort of a homemade form. Thanks. Much love. Roaddog....

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds interesting. So how much and when do you drink it? Do you drink a bottle before your kava session? Do you drink some befroe and after, just throughout the day, after your kava, or perhaps you mix your kava with it? :p How much do you drink,in oz or ml, and do you drink it everyday? So many questions :unsure:

I wonder if coconut water does the same?
I just drink it during my session, after I have a shell to clean my tongue and in between. I am prone to super dry skin naturally so it really helps not to get dehydrated on accident. No, I don't drink it everyday, it can be expensive. I would if I could afford it, it really does a wonderful job of keeping the dry skin at bay and also the dry throat at night. Even after 4 cups of tea my throat will be so dry when I lay down that my uvula dries out lol. Gross but true, and I cant drink enough water to stop it, I sleep with a water bottle on the night stand- yet still, it happens. Not when I drink a bottle of Pedialyte though.

NZdude

Kava Curious
I just drink it during my session, after I have a shell to clean my tongue and in between. I am prone to super dry skin naturally so it really helps not to get dehydrated on accident. No, I don't drink it everyday, it can be expensive. I would if I could afford it, it really does a wonderful job of keeping the dry skin at bay and also the dry throat at night. Even after 4 cups of tea my throat will be so dry when I lay down that my uvula dries out lol. Gross but true, and I cant drink enough water to stop it, I sleep with a water bottle on the night stand- yet still, it happens. Not when I drink a bottle of Pedialyte though.
thanks for the info - i'll have to try it - i quite like the flavor of the pink one also :hungry: