• Fresh kava: Chug

• Fresh kava: Combination of sip / chug

• Kava from dried root: Sip

• Kava from dried root: Chug

• Kava from dried root: Combination of sip / chug

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hitch

Kava Curious
Bula All, I'm curious to know if you all sip or chug kava made from dried powder vs. if you ship or chug kava made from fresh root. I find I chug both but sometimes can sip kava made from fresh root

I've also been experimenting with strong kava 'shots' (2-3oz) that I down all at once... just accepting that I'm not drinking it for taste and then having a kombucha or sparkling water to sip on the side

Excited to hear everyone's thinking! :)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I usually chugalug but if I have a limited amount like if I’m out somewhere for the day/night I will usually sip becuase I feel like i get a little more mileage out of it. My theory is that letting it sit in your mouth activating your tastebuds and salivary glands and going down slowly gives your stomach a chance to prepare for the incoming root juice

Tumarumaru

Gunga la Gunga
I usually chugalug but if I have a limited amount like if I’m out somewhere for the day/night I will usually sip becuase I feel like i get a little more mileage out of it. My theory is that letting it sit in your mouth activating your tastebuds and salivary glands and going down slowly gives your stomach a chance to prepare for the incoming root juice
Sometimes we'll hold it in our mouth under our tongue, it gets into your blood stream a little quicker.

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
So i chug each shell but i space them out over at least 1-2 hours (preferably more if i am going all night).... Amazing that some of you chug all your kava at one time!!! that sounds crazy to me but hey to each their own. I can't imagine chugging a liter of kava lol/....but I guess i can't knock it til i try it. To me the long, slow burn of a spaced out session is one of my favorite things about kava! but i would never sip a shell. each shell goes down the hatch in one gulp

So i chug each shell but i space them out over at least 1-2 hours (preferably more if i am going all night).... Amazing that some of you chug all your kava at one time!!! that sounds crazy to me but hey to each their own. I can't imagine chugging a liter of kava lol/....but I guess i can't knock it til i try it. To me the long, slow burn of a spaced out session is one of my favorite things about kava! but i would never sip a shell. each shell goes down the hatch in one gulp
I hear you. It's been more out of necessity as of late. Not getting home until 8pm or so lately. And go to bed at 10pm. So, I have a limited window and it really sucks having to pee all night if you drink too much before bed. So.... lol
I am enjoying those two hours though. :)

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I'm a sipper...I make my kava very dense, and add half & half for a nice creamy texture.
I know it is traditional to chug, but I've always sipped. I think a big reason to chug historically is because kava settles so fast.
I drink it out of a tall glass, and give it a stir before each sip to avoid the settling issue.