What's new

Does anyone else get basically the same types of effects from almost all kava strains ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
It seems like everyone else gets differing or diverse reactions. I don't mean, different from person to person. But from strain to strain.
Of the strains they do get effects from, it seems their types of effects can vary, noticeably, from different strains.
But for me, when I do get effects, they are basically the same from each strain.
Is anyone else like that ?
It reminds me a little bit about the herbal debate about another natural plant that people take for similar reasons ; There are those that believe that strains of it can greatly differ ; while another camp of people that believes all strains are the same.

Another thing about my experience that seems very non-typical, is that my experiences from each strain are inconsistent.
In other words, I may get positive results from one strain, on one day, and a couple days later, the next time I try that same
strain, and from the same batch even, it then becomes negative effects.
Can anyone relate to that one, also ?

I just realized that It sounds like the 2 above scenarios contradict each other, but here is how they make sense ;
Of the strains that have good effects, they are all basically the same good effects.
On the other hand, if I take the same strain over and over, sometimes I see good effects, and sometimes it's only bad.

Last edited:

D Novak

Kava Curious
In my past experience and in short, no but yes if you drink enough. Some strains are real heavy in the body while others give a head buzz. However, should enough be drunk, I'm sure you'll wind up on the floor with your head spinning. Some strains will wake you up and want to talk while others will make you super relaxed and tired. I prefer the tiring body hitting strains since I want to relax and go to sleep, not have a huge head buzz making me want to do stuff.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I do notice subtle differences between kavas, with the more noticeable effects between heady and heavy kavas. There's definitely a similar resulting effect for all of them but if you give yourself the time to sit with your thoughts and the kava, you can often notice the differences. Drinking too much of any kava ends in the same place, more or less and like D novak said above, when the lines blur, it's all the same.