What's new

Does Kava "find you"

David H.

Kava Curious
A series of LSD trips over 3 years ago shook my life up pretty hard (both in a good way, and a bad way). LSD gave me this feeling of curiosity, creativity, and awe towards the world around me. The downside is the fact that LSD is so strong and can easily cause some awful trips. I found Kava shortly after LSD. Kava allows me to recreate many of the spiritual feelings of awe and curiosity that LSD gave me without being illegal or causing any major side effects. Kava definitely found me at the time I needed it most. It continues to gently nudge me along a spiritual path with every session. It makes me more free-thinking. My best writings and thoughts occur during kava sessions.

I should also add that Kava has given me hope in some really dark times that alcohol and drugs just couldn’t help with. I gave up alcohol and all manner of drugs long ago thanks to Kava. Kava even helped me wean off benzos completely. It’s really been a miracle for me. I don’t even consume it that much either these days just due to time and cost. Maybe once or twice a month now. Those one or two kava sessions per month really invigorate my spirit like nothing else though.

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
I do think Kava has a way of finding those in need or those who vibe with it, and also showing you when too much is too much, sort of like with anxiety sensations that cannabis can produce. I never was a big drinker, per day, but did do a whole host of other substances, but stimulatory and sedative, that ran the gamut, for a fairly long time in my life, that got to the point of reckless abandon in some aspects. Both K@ and Kava found me, even if it seems like I found them, really in a time in my life when I needed them both. The way I was, and even to an extent am, going completely sober just was not going to do it. I love substances and all the different types of effects, sort of the deeper spiritual side to each drug, but it got to the point where it was at the detriment of myself, and these natural substances were able to lift me from that and make me so I was good on my own again, and could be the person I wanted to be, if not with a little bit of Kava and K@ to boot. Sort of like someone who enjoys their natural coffee [I do too!]

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I definitely get you on your relationships with substances. Its so easy for an inquisitive mind to get caught up in these things without noticing the real effect they can have. Im glad to hear you found kava and K@ though. The good thing about plants is that they can always teach us more about our own nature and being balanced

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
I believe this to be the case. When I was 13 I found myself in Samoa because my aunt was a missionary and married a samoan man. It was an incredible experience and while I was there, I saw them consume kava. This was the first time I ever saw humans consume anything other than alcohol to alter their mental state. Many years later kava came into my life and has literally changed the way I live for the better. I can't help but think there was some important reason I had that experience many years ago.

BobBriggs

Kava Curious
i WISH kava would find me again. It's impossible to get here (Down Under) now that I've been blacklisted by customs. So I continue on with the awful chemical cocktail that is, in the end, a poor substitute for kava with unpleasant side effects to boot. Come back, kava!
I actually found a good vendor in Australia just prior to the Covid travel bans. Unfortunately those bans messed it all up. But things should be better than they have been post-2007 when these Coronoavirus measures are finally relaxed. We shouldn't be back in the bad old day, where the only choices were ordering it illegally from overseas or buying overpriced rubbish from people who pop up on Gumtree.

I would encourage you to write to or contact your MP though. Maybe something can be achieved. Try to give them good information about just how silly the restrictions are.

Gabriel Belmont

Kava Curious
So you guys feel a spiritual connection to all plant medicines or does Kava connection a special way? I get the memories thing as I've had that when drinking Kava. Not had the spiritual side, so I would like to know more

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I would say a spiritual connection to plant medicine in general is definitely my personal take, but kava has its own unique way of speaking to us. It's definitely had some of the more valuable lessons that I have received from plant medicine.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I felt drawn to kava as I frantically looked for an alternative to my past lifestyle, it was God sent at the time. As the years have gone by, I see both the good and the bad that kava has done for me, mostly good. Unfortunately with self-awareness comes some level of accountability, for myself and my life. I've come to a fork of sorts in my life and kava may not be with me, in my path forward. This isn't to say how much I have learned along the way and it was a lot. I don't really even see it as bad thing, but perhaps the next chapter in my life. Time will tell, nothing set in stone but something I've been mulling around in my head.

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I felt drawn to kava as I frantically looked for an alternative to my past lifestyle, it was God sent at the time. As the years have gone by, I see both the good and the bad that kava has done for me, mostly good. Unfortunately with self-awareness comes some level of accountability, for myself and my life. I've come to a fork of sorts in my life and kava may not be with me, in my path forward. This isn't to say how much I have learned along the way and it was a lot. I don't really even see it as bad thing, but perhaps the next chapter in my life. Time will tell, nothing set in stone but something I've been mulling around in my head.
Not to focus on the negative, but in what ways would you say kava has not been good for you? I feel kava can be a bit of a crutch, but I'd like to think overall it has made my life and that of those around me better

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Not to focus on the negative, but in what ways would you say kava has not been good for you? I feel kava can be a bit of a crutch, but I'd like to think overall it has made my life and that of those around me better
It's expensive, it didn't use to be the case when I started.
By in large, it doesn't feel as potent as it used to be. (albeit with proper mixing good results can come, but at an additional cost.)
It's not physically addictive but it can be argued that it could be psychologically addicting. If I am going to be honest here, kava is less so than say MJ, imo.

I haven't stopped drinking kava I really do love it. I said what I said above because I feel like that sometimes. My true intention is balance in my life, kava most definitely plays a role in that. Perhaps I need to look at other areas of my life, that may very well be the cause of my "mental unrest" for lack of a better way to describe it. To be clear I am mostly happy, I don't want to bum anyone out, lol.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I think all plants put out a spiritual calling and provide guidance and wisdom as per their use. It is up to us to use our shamanic inspired hearts to listen and learn what agrees with us.