What's new

Does kava make you cool?

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Does drinking kava make you cool? I don't mean socially cool. I mean really really cool temperature wise. I'm working here at my desk and its 78 degrees in the room, and I swear to you I feel cool even almost cold. I have not had any kava since last night. So what do you guys think? Does anyone else experience this?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have had that thought myself once in a while. Sort of like giving you a bit of a chill even when it's warm. I wouldn't say I notice it every time but it does happen.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Most definitley. Its energetics are cooling, so depending on what kind of foods you eat you will end up with cold hands/cold feet. Eat a tiny bit of ginger and it will be gone in minutes.
cooling energetically means in kavas case to slow peripheral circulation ( hands feet extremeties) and therefore causes a cold sensation and cooling effect in the body.

i specifically use kava for this purpose at work and love it lol... when however its freezing out it can suck lol

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
So these cooling effects can last how long? I haven't had any kava for almost 24 hours. Good to know about the ginger. I'll have to buy some fresh ginger and keep it on hand.

blindy107

Kava Lover
It's hipstery for sure. Whole foods people talk to me about when I wear my gear or when I used to buy the tea/capsules.

Also, my wife won't drink it until summer hits because she starts to shiver. I feel it as well but I'm a hairy giant and I don't care...I'm like a man sized hobbit.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I'll respond to the question you didn't intend to ask - YES! Nothing says "hip" (in a non-hipster way) like a shell of Kava instead of a status quo drink.

...and yes to the other one as well. Kava chills are a side effect.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
It's hipstery for sure. Whole foods people talk to me about when I wear my gear or when I used to buy the tea/capsules.

Also, my wife won't drink it until summer hits because she starts to shiver. I feel it as well but I'm a hairy giant and I don't care...I'm like a man sized hobbit.
Ha! Funny. I didn't read this before I wrote the above post. I don't know many hipsters who are into Kava. Most of my friends in San Diego who drink Kava are surfers, students, professors, and middle-aged people that are truly looking for a relaxing drink. The Kava Bars seem to cater more to yuppies and loners, in my experience. That being said, I've only been to four Kava Bars - three in San Diego and one in Portland (Bula Kava House). Bula Kava House had more of a cool, coffee shop vibe than a hipster vibe (and this in Portland, where hipster is the norm).

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah BKH was a lot of fun. Wife and I went there last summer for a few days. Great vibe for sure. Shot the breeze with Judd and his lovely young lady-friend (who's name escapes me) for a few hours before wandering for food.

Very cool place...see, I made it thread relative.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Does drinking kava make you cool? I don't mean socially cool. I mean really really cool temperature wise. I'm working here at my desk and its 78 degrees in the room, and I swear to you I feel cool even almost cold. I have not had any kava since last night. So what do you guys think? Does anyone else experience this?
Yes. Literally cool in my case, as nothing could ever make me "cool". However this generally only happens as an acute effect when I have had a lot of kava, not the next day.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I notice this the most when riding in the car. My girlfriend is one of those types who likes to "Go Places", "Do Things", and "Talk to People". And now that I have been initiated in to that kind of lifestyle, I pre-krunk as much as possible as you never no what kind of anxiety that society can hurl at you at any given moment. Thus the arctic blast setting she likes to keep the AC while driving helplessly towards society combined with my heavily installed emergency kava has me shivering the drive away. I try to sneak an ac setting change in but she always changes it back. Kava definitely cools me down.

Last edited:

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Yiu must be pretty damn north haha its buffalo and it's tropical lol @Squanch72 that's my life
Yeah I live on the coast of Lake Superior, so we get exactly three months of "summer" and the rest is pretty much winter with a little transition in between. But like I said kava doesn't cool me down physically so it's not a big deal. I'm acclimatized (or is it acclimated)...

D

Deleted User01

Yes, I noticed it does make me cool. One more thing, I also have to turn down the volume on my ear plugs when listening to audio books. It seems your audio sensory system becomes more sensitive. When I don't do kava, I have to turn the volume up.