What's new

don't mind me, just here to learn

Hello everyone
I'm not new to kava, however, I'm also not a connoisseur by any means.
I'm a long time herbalist and medicinal kava proponent; I actually wrote a paper about the great hepatotoxicity debate back in college (soon after the rise and abrupt fall of kava use in the United States).
Anyway, as an herbalist I typically prefer to stick to local plants, with the exception of kava. I just simply haven't found anything in my region of the world that quite compares. I frequently recommend it to my clients, friends, and family.
Which is precisely why I'm here to learn more. I believe one of my parents could benefit from kava, however, they're a bit skeptical and, unlike myself, do not live in the United States. They live on a small island municipality of the Netherlands.
So, in addition to learning as much as possible to help them be comfortable trying it, I also have to figure out where and how they'd get it.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Hello everyone
I'm a long time herbalist and medicinal kava proponent; I actually wrote a paper about the great hepatotoxicity debate back in college (soon after the rise and abrupt fall of kava use in the United States).
Anyway, as an herbalist I typically prefer to stick to local plants, with the exception of kava. I just simply haven't found anything in my region of the world that quite compares. I frequently recommend it to my clients, friends, and family.
Which is precisely why I'm here to learn more. I believe one of my parents could benefit from kava, however, they're a bit skeptical and, unlike myself, do not live in the United States. They live on a small island municipality of the Netherlands.
So, in addition to learning as much as possible to help them be comfortable trying it, I also have to figure out where and how they'd get it.
Most anything you wish to know regarding kava can be found somewhere within these Forums and Archives searching.
I am sure one of the venders will offer suggestions on who can ship to your parents.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hello everyone
Welcome to the forums. I have a bit of experience in introducing kava to reluctant people...:rolleyes:

Try a cocoa flavored type kava or even a concentrate that can be mixed with water, such as this from KWK. Fiji Vanua kava has a really tasty cocoa kava and perhaps a couple other vendors have flavored kavas as well.

Elmanaro

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Kava Vendor
I can send them some but you would have to find out whether it is allowed there or not.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
The best thing is if they some day could visit USA or any other nation where the legal status of kava is clear.

They must also wish to try it them self.