What's new

Dosage Question

greg99

Kava Curious
Hey all,

Since starting with kava only about 2 months ago with a month break in between...mainly because I felt like I was over doing it at around 7-10 TBSP per day until I finished my pound...I have been trying to figure out proper dosage. I get great effects after probably 3-4 TBSP but then wind up doing another 3-4 to just keep going.

I have noticed many people post their daily dosage in grams, which is easy to translate. I see many folks at around 40 grams which by my math is around about 3ish TBSP. Now, everyone is different so I know this isn't an across the board answer, but does that mean 3 TBSP period...or does that mean a 3 TBSP bag worth washed over a couple times?

The reason I ask is because I am a big drinker (not alcohol lol) but just in general. I like to have something to sip on and since kava isn't really gross to me, I don't mind sipping away at it like a normal tea. If I did one 8-12oz glass with a 40G bag, one wash, that would really only be one drink. I think that is why I end up over doing. So I guess to reduce my overall intake but still have something to sip on and relax would you recommend just doing another wash or two?

I honestly feel like I may be just wasting kava by not giving it another wash or two...

Anyhow, main question was when people mention their dosage is that generally one and done or that is what you start your session with and then wash that over for as long as you want your session to go?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Anyhow, main question was when people mention their dosage is that generally one and done or that is what you start your session with and then wash that over for as long as you want your session to go?
Both actually. There are those of us that do a "one and done" sorta thing, and then there are those of us that do many re-washes with the same 40g of root. I personally use 40g, one wash, and down the hatch.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey all,

Since starting with kava only about 2 months ago with a month break in between...mainly because I felt like I was over doing it at around 7-10 TBSP per day until I finished my pound...I have been trying to figure out proper dosage. I get great effects after probably 3-4 TBSP but then wind up doing another 3-4 to just keep going.

I have noticed many people post their daily dosage in grams, which is easy to translate. I see many folks at around 40 grams which by my math is around about 3ish TBSP. Now, everyone is different so I know this isn't an across the board answer, but does that mean 3 TBSP period...or does that mean a 3 TBSP bag worth washed over a couple times?

The reason I ask is because I am a big drinker (not alcohol lol) but just in general. I like to have something to sip on and since kava isn't really gross to me, I don't mind sipping away at it like a normal tea. If I did one 8-12oz glass with a 40G bag, one wash, that would really only be one drink. I think that is why I end up over doing. So I guess to reduce my overall intake but still have something to sip on and relax would you recommend just doing another wash or two?

I honestly feel like I may be just wasting kava by not giving it another wash or two...

I start at 40g and add 10-20g on the second wash. i usually save those makas after the second wash, for later in the week. If I chose to keep going, I repeat those steps again. So I always start with 40 grams and may wash between 40-120grams on any given day/night, it depends on my mood.