What's new

Dose of Stone in tablespoons please

infraredz

BULA!
I'm curious as to what you all use in terms of tablespoons for Stone Kava. I am NOT looking to get a completely drunk feeling (krunk?), and would like a guideline for some doses and their respective effects...

ie. 

1 tablespoon- barely noticable

2 tablespoons- mild anxiety relief

3 tablespoons- good relaxation

4 tablespoons- intoxication

5 tablespoons- puts me to sleep

Thanks!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well, honestly the amount of effects you feel from a certain quantity can and will vary depending on your stomach contents, level of energy, and method of prep (among other factors, such as weight, and frequency of dosing). If you're looking for anxiolytic effect from kava I would try instant and dial in your quantity more precisely. Instant kava has the positive aspect of being less prone to fluctuations in strength due to prep.

In regards to the first question you're likely to get 5 different answers from 5 different people. I'm assuming you have a bag of stone which is a great kava, in terms of strength you can barely beat it. I know it's not the answer you're looking for but it's such an individual experience that I'm going to suggest you start with 2 tablespoons and go from there. If you've never partaken in kava before you may have to get through your reverse tolerance stage first before you experience any appreciable effects.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I agree with kapm, however I would suggest starting with 6 tablespoons and adjusting from there. If its too strong, dial it down.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
I agree with kapm and krunkedout, however i would suggest starting with 12 tablespoons.....

i'm just playing, if u havent had kava before i would start with the 6 to build it up in your system.

i know you dont want the krunk feeling, but you might need to experiment to see what that level is in you, its different in everyone

then once you know what gets you krunk then back off for the next time.

kapm's idea of using instant is a good one, much more reliable consistency

like he said with normal kava the prep can make the results vary from time to time, but once you figure it out it will be pretty consistent, for example i got my prep nailed down so I only need to drink 3-4 ounces to get the effect i am going for, but occasionally it still acts different and i need a little more or less. and the amount of food in your stomach will vary it dramatically. i only drink on an empty stomach after 3 hours