What's new

Kava Side Effects dry mouth feeling more common after

Kavacoobz

I obviously can't say for sure whether Kava is a contributing factor to the increased incidence of dry-mouth I've been feeling lately but I did want to explore whether these are related, especially since I have been drinking more than my "baseline" Kava; ~5 Tbs of traditional prep 5 days a week for the last 2 months compared to maybe 3 days a week before that.

During this period of particularly heavy period of Kava consumption I've noticed a feeling of dry mouth and low-level thirst, which seems to be present even after a couple days of taking a break. I normally read on these forums about more acute dehydration that would normally reside pretty quickly after heavily hydrating, but I feel like I've almost become more predisposed to becoming thirsty/dry mouth and need to compensate by drinking way more water than my baseline which has been sufficient for the last couple years of Kava consumption.

May be unrelated but I've also been experiencing consistent low-level heartburn at night along with more frequent "Kava burps" during a session.

Having said all that, there's definitely other stuff that could be at play as I've been going through a stressful couple months and not in a great mental state; add in that I have hypochondriac tendencies so I'm a bit worries about diabetes given the thirst...

Just curious if anyone else has experienced a similar "long term" dried out feeling that persists even into a break from Kava? FYI I've mainly been drinking Kavafied Kava Tonga Eua, Tonga Founder's Reserve, which seems like good stuff.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I obviously can't say for sure whether Kava is a contributing factor to the increased incidence of dry-mouth I've been feeling lately but I did want to explore whether these are related, especially since I have been drinking more than my "baseline" Kava; ~5 Tbs of traditional prep 5 days a week for the last 2 months compared to maybe 3 days a week before that.

During this period of particularly heavy period of Kava consumption I've noticed a feeling of dry mouth and low-level thirst, which seems to be present even after a couple days of taking a break. I normally read on these forums about more acute dehydration that would normally reside pretty quickly after heavily hydrating, but I feel like I've almost become more predisposed to becoming thirsty/dry mouth and need to compensate by drinking way more water than my baseline which has been sufficient for the last couple years of Kava consumption.

May be unrelated but I've also been experiencing consistent low-level heartburn at night along with more frequent "Kava burps" during a session.

Having said all that, there's definitely other stuff that could be at play as I've been going through a stressful couple months and not in a great mental state; add in that I have hypochondriac tendencies so I'm a bit worries about diabetes given the thirst...

Just curious if anyone else has experienced a similar "long term" dried out feeling that persists even into a break from Kava? FYI I've mainly been drinking Kavafied Kava Tonga Eua, Tonga Founder's Reserve, which seems like good stuff.
Well this sounds familiar. It's most likely the diuretic effects from the kava. I find some kava types do this more than others. You may want to swap around your kava types to see if it reduces.

Kavacoobz

Totally makes sense that it could be related to this particular type. I'm thinking I'm probably best off going with a few types that sit well with me and cycling between them. Thanks Kapm!

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
This happens to me too, although I take the extra water drinking as a bonus positive effect on my health ;) p.s a kava goblin told me that dry mouth mouthwash works wonders...