What's new

Dua Na Bilo Vanuatu

Status
Not open for further replies.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
IAE, I have been drinking this, including the newest batch, which I find has that flavour in a much more pronounced way. I usually now blend it 1:3 with other kavas. I have had zero bad effects from drinking it. The previous batch I enjoy drinking straight. My wife loves the new batch straight.
I finished mine off through blending. It's junk kava. It may or may not be mixed with aerials or something else. Adulteration does not necessarily equal bad effects or noticeable organ damage, especially in the short term. Many of us could likely drink a mixture of tudei roots and wichmannii aerials and report back that we had no negative effects from the experience...but we don't know what the long-term effects might be, and since we know that there is some evidence that it could be dangerous, I wouldn't promote it's consumption or suggest that it's innocuous.
There's no reason to drink this stuff, if the price point is what attracts some, just buy Wakacon Waka instead, it's perfectly sufficient, low priced, run-of-the-mill, proper kava root. On the other hand, if you feel that this 'kava' offers you something that you actually like and can't get elsewhere, by all means, drink up.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I finished mine off through blending. It's junk kava. It may or may not be mixed with aerials or something else. Adulteration does not necessarily equal bad effects or noticeable organ damage, especially in the short term. Many of us could likely drink a mixture of tudei roots and wichmannii aerials and report back that we had no negative effects from the experience...but we don't know what the long-term effects might be, and since we know that there is some evidence that it could be dangerous, I wouldn't promote it's consumption or suggest that it's innocuous.
There's no reason to drink this stuff, if the price point is what attracts some, just buy Wakacon Waka instead, it's perfectly sufficient, low priced, run-of-the-mill, proper kava root. On the other hand, if you feel that this 'kava' offers you something that you actually like and can't get elsewhere, by all means, drink up.
Well, if there is anything dangerous about it I sure would want to know, and I think many people who have bought it would, as well. If only to get a refund or replacement or possible class action. I can't say I find the new batch's taste pleasant, although I do like the previous batch. But this one still has kava effects when I drink it. And I don't like the taste of every kava I drink. For that matter, I made a 1/2 gal of Squanch last night which tasted terrible but felt wonderful. All I know so far about this DnB Vanuatu is it tastes very different from usual kavas and the taste is not terribly pleasant to me. Drinkable, but not what I prefer. Blended, though, it goes down fine for me. But I am watching for any evidence that it is harmful or that it is not proper or noble kava. So far from DnB I have bought their lawena, their Fijian waka, and previous batches of their Vanuatu, all of which have been very enjoyable. This batch feels ok but tastes weird. For this reason specifically, I have not recommended it to anyone, as I have the others.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
@TheKavaFlow , I appreciate you sending this in for testing. Shakas I appreciate all the information you've given in this thread.
Initially I was a big fan of DNB. Their waka was the first kava I tried and got me started on my kava journey! These days though, the waka is too weak for the price and their Vanuatu is definitely not good in flavor or effects. There are less expensive kavas on amazon when in a pinch that are safe such as Mood and Mind and the other ones I can't remember the name of that come in a black bag. Mood and Mind doesn't have any euphoria or nice layers of effects, but it's noble and does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.