What's new

Dua Na Bilo

Dua Na Bilo

Kava Vendor
Hello Lovely People!

My Name is James Bower and I am the owner of Dua Na Bilo. Our brand name is a fijian term which somewhat means pass me a shell. We thought this would be a fantastic name to use since our kava supply comes from Fiji. We are a new vendor to the kava world located in Lynwood Washington. This isn't a full time thing for us but more of a sideline income earning business. We have a great connection with a kava farm in Savusavu, Fiji where we source our wonderful kava from. This connection started 10 years ago when i had first visited Fiji. Since then i have been getting my personal stash for the farmer but now have decided to share this wonderful beverage with others while making a few bucks. I've been drinking kava for quite a while now and was first introduced to it through my indo-fijian friends who migrated over here from Fiji. It was through them that i was inspired to visit Fiji and I'm glad I did.

Anyways we've just started retailing on Amazon and I'm just letting everyone here know about it since it would be hard to search through the list of kavas to find ours. Our kava comes in 1/2 lb ziplock bags and is selling for just $23.95.

Below is the link to our product

Amazon product

Its a noble fijian kava primarily consisting of a cultivar known as Yalu in traditional grind form. We've sent a sample to Kavasseur to give his review on it but I'm jumping the gun and letting everyone know about it.

I look forward to you guys trying it and letting me know how it feels. Would be great to have a file for product reviews here.

PS: I've done an acetone test on the kava to confirm nobility. There's no nausea or next day effects experienced with our kava

Thank you![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hello Lovely People!

My Name is James Bower and I am the owner of Dua Na Bilo. Our brand name is a fijian term which somewhat means pass me a shell. We thought this would be a fantastic name to use since our kava supply comes from Fiji. We are a new vendor to the kava world located in Lynwood Washington. This isn't a full time thing for us but more of a sideline income earning business. We have a great connection with a kava farm in Savusavu, Fiji where we source our wonderful kava from. This connection started 10 years ago when i had first visited Fiji. Since then i have been getting my personal stash for the farmer but now have decided to share this wonderful beverage with others while making a few bucks. I've been drinking kava for quite a while now and was first introduced to it through my indo-fijian friends who migrated over here from Fiji. It was through them that i was inspired to visit Fiji and I'm glad I did.

Anyways we've just started retailing on Amazon and I'm just letting everyone here know about it since it would be hard to search through the list of kavas to find ours. Our kava comes in 1/2 lb ziplock bags and is selling for just $22.

Amazon product
Its a noble fijian kava primarily consisting of a cultivar known as Yalu in traditional grind form. We've sent a sample to @Kavasseur to give his review on it but I'm jumping the gun and letting everyone know about it.

I look forward to you guys trying it and letting me know how it feels. Would be great to have a file for product reviews here.

PS: I've done an acetone test on the kava to confirm nobility. There's no nausea or next day effects experienced with our kava

Thank you!
Looks like your product link is broken. Welcome to the community :)

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Welcome!

I am glad to see another passionate kava drinker :)

BTW, I've never tried Yalu! Is it very different from other cultivars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dua Na Bilo

Kava Vendor
Welcome!
Are you guys related to Lami Kava? I've noticed you use exactly the same preparation graphs on your packaging (amazon lists their kava as a recommended product next to your product):

View attachment 7464

Obviously it's not a problem if you are linked to them, that's absolutely cool. I am just curious as I know that Lami kava appears to be operating under at least 3 different names (Lami Kava, Big Kava, Vinaka Kava) and I am wondering if they sell the same products or if they have different types of products for different brands.

And obviously no worries if it's just a coincidence, that's also cool.
I am glad to see another passionate kava drinker :)

BTW, I've never tried Yalu! Is it very different from other cultivars?
Hi Henry

No we're not related to Lami Kava. We just know a commercial scale farmer in Savusavu who only recently got into commercial exporting. He was supplying domestically when i had met him and continued to do so until last December. He asked me if i wanted to work together with him to retail his farmed kava in the states and i thought why not. As for the preparation graphs I think my designer did look for inspirations of kava packaging online. I wouldn't think he would have copied anything though. Must be a coincidence since there is only 1 way to traditionally prepare kava.

I would say Yalu is more of a energizing daytime kava. I've been using it daily as a moral booster for my work for the past 3 years now because of my new job. Before that it used to be only for weekends when I had to do gardening and other household activities. I have tried online retailed Fiji strains but they are just not for me. I don't have a problem with sleeping after hard days work and am not into getting krunked either. I guess Yalu isn't meant for those purposes unless you want to go overboard with the suggesting serving size.

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
22 for a half pound is realtively cheap. I'll have to give it a try :)

I would love to drink more kava, but it's a little cost prohibitive for me when I'm paying ~30 bucks for a half pound

Last edited:

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Hello Lovely People!

Anyways we've just started retailing on Amazon and I'm just letting everyone here know about it since it would be hard to search through the list of kavas to find ours. Our kava comes in 1/2 lb ziplock bags and is selling for just $22.

Amazon product
Its a noble fijian kava primarily consisting of a cultivar known as Yalu in traditional grind form. We've sent a sample to @Kavasseur to give his review on it but I'm jumping the gun and letting everyone know about it.

Thank you!
Bula James,

Welcome to the forums. Love seeing more Kava vendors pop up. The US Kava market needs more