What's new

Dua Na Bilo

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
@Dua Na Bilo I looked through your website and noticed that you don't yet have the FDA disclaimer which I believe is mandatory for any dietary supplement product or publication. Something like this in the website footer should suffice:

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results may vary.

Dua Na Bilo

Kava Vendor
@Dua Na Bilo I looked through your website and noticed that you don't yet have the FDA disclaimer which I believe is mandatory for any dietary supplement product or publication. Something like this in the website footer should suffice:

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results may vary.
Thank you for this!

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
8.8% kavalactone content. For those of us who are not hip is this percentage high, low or inconsequential?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
8.8% kavalactone content. For those of us who are not hip is this percentage high, low or inconsequential?
It all depends on the testing method. The USP's results are usually 2-4 points higher than, let's say, TK's results. BUT, even if it's USP then 8% is likely to be quite decent

Last edited by a moderator:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It all depends on the testing method. The USP's results are usually 2-4 points higher than, let's say, TK's results. BUT, even if it's USP then 8% is likely to be decent
Is that a TK thing, were results are lower compared to the rest?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I believe HPLC results from labs in America usually show lower %. But perhaps @Deleted User uses a more accurate methodology. But I don't know the details. Perhaps he'll jump in to explain.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I believe HPLC results from labs in America usually show lower %. But perhaps @Deleted User uses a more accurate methodology. But I don't know the details. Perhaps he'll jump in to explain.
Is there a standard to say his method is more accurate or are you just saying that?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Is there a standard to say his method is more accurate or are you just saying that?
I think his (and many others') method is just more up to date. I *think* that the USP method is from the 1990s and since then the method has been improved. But I am not an expert, I don't really know. I've just heard it many times from various sources that some of the results produced using the old method might give exaggerated percentages of kavalactones.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I think his (and many others') method is just more up to date. I *think* that the USP method is from the 1990s and since then the method has been improved. But I am not an expert, I don't really know. I've just heard it many times from various sources that some of the results produced using the old method might give exaggerated percentages of kavalactones.
Gotcha.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
I also wonder about the testing because the Honokane Iki I just got said it tested at an average of 14% kavalactones and that sounds insanely high but I have no reason not to trust GHK ... It's good kava though.

I'm quite interested in trying this Yalu though considering it seems to be a rarer strain when it comes to availability and the price seems great, especially for waka! :)

The reports of Yalu being one of the more anxiolytic strains definitely interest me ..

Last edited:

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
No wonder I liked it so much, it's a Vula!
What do you mean by this? I looked it up and it appears that Vula is a different strain .. is there something in common or is Vula a phenotype or something?

Very interested in learning all I can and your comment interested me :)

(EDIT: Nevermind, I see Vula means green kava now, I apologize.)