What's new

Dua Na Bilo

Dua Na Bilo

Kava Vendor
I see your lawena on the product pages, but I only see the waka on amazon. Is it available on amazon and I'm not seeing it?
Hey @Travis

Unfortunately I decided to keep the batch of lawena for my personal stash hehe. There's a shortage for peeled lawenas in Fiji right now so I don't think we would be selling that anytime soon.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
@Dua Na Bilo just curious on this, but is there any way you can describe how to correctly pronounce Dua Na Bilo? What does the name mean and where does it come from?
Hey I know this one! Pick me! Pick me!

In the iTaukei (ethnic Fijian) language, d is pronounced nd and b as mb. So nDua Na mBilo.

Taken literally, it means one cup. Dua na bilo ti (ndua na mbilo chtee/tee) = a cup of tea.

The two most common phrases you'll hear around a tanoa (kava bowl) are dua na bilo and taki mai. In this context, the former is usually used to offer kava and is best translated as "have a shell". If you're in a kava circle and someone walks by, it's polite to call out dua na bilo to invite them to join in. The latter is the opposite. While taki mai might literally mean "serve me", it's better translated as serve us... telling the guy serving the kava to serve another round of kava to the group.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Hey I know this one! Pick me! Pick me!

In the iTaukei (ethnic Fijian) language, d is pronounced nd and b as mb. So nDua Na mBilo.

Taken literally, it means one cup. Dua na bilo ti (ndua na mbilo chtee/tee) = a cup of tea.

The two most common phrases you'll hear around a tanoa (kava bowl) are dua na bilo and taki mai. In this context, the former is usually used to offer kava and is best translated as "have a shell". If you're in a kava circle and someone walks by, it's polite to call out dua na bilo to invite them to join in. The latter is the opposite. While taki mai might literally mean "serve me", it's better translated as serve us... telling the guy serving the kava to serve another round of kava to the group.
^^^what he said

Its great to see a vendor appreciating his source country's kava so much that he uses a practical Fijian phrase as a brand which is actually catchy. I wish i could have thought of this as a brand name :banghead:

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
This stuff put me and my girl on our ass for the entire night! Double aluball each.
It said it was a daytime kava but with all these reports of knocking people out I am probably gonna have to try some .. especially for the price. I am interested in sedating kava's.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
It said it was a daytime kava but with all these reports of knocking people out I am probably gonna have to try some .. especially for the price. I am interested in sedating kava's.
For me it did not work well for daytime, Very pleasant sedation though, kind of fills the niche inbetween daytime and nighttime kavas.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Yes very potent sedative effect , put me out after 2 washes never had a Fijian this strong

Dua Na Bilo

Kava Vendor
Sorry to hear that guys. I always water the kava down by using 2 tablespoons in 1.5 liters of water and drink a cup of it between 30 min intervals. Perhaps that's why i find it best for daytime use and it doesn't knock me out...well, at least most of you guys have been enjoying it! it ran out pretty fast on Amazon.

We had underestimated some of amazon's cost and not factored in selling risks such as lost items and returns. As a result we will be increasing our price but just by a mere $0.95 per 1/2 lb. Hope this isn't much of a problem.

New batch arrives by the end of the week and we should be back in stock by the weekend! Bula!

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
Sorry to hear that guys. I always water the kava down by using 2 tablespoons in 1.5 liters of water and drink a cup of it between 30 min intervals. Perhaps that's why i find it best for daytime use and it doesn't knock me out...well, at least most of you guys have been enjoying it! it ran out pretty fast on Amazon.

We had underestimated some of amazon's cost and not factored in selling risks such as lost items and returns. As a result we will be increasing our price but just by a mere $0.95 per 1/2 lb. Hope this isn't much of a problem.

New batch arrives by the end of the week and we should be back in stock by the weekend! Bula!
I have been sitting on a couple bags of this batch and just broke them out. Just as good as I remember from the first batch. Do you think you'll be able to restock on Amazon soon? Thanks for the awesome kava.

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
I've been revisiting this kava recently, and I think this is easily the best bang for your buck kava I've been able to find so far. Good potency, good price. Thanks for sharing your wonderful kava with us at a reasonable price :)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Welcome to the tribe! ::happyshell::

I'm a little late to the welcome party but always nice to see new vendors!(y)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Wife and I enjoying a strong batch of Dua Na Bilo tonight, wonderful grog. Very mellow, earthbound, warm. comfortable, like clothes that fit really well that have been worn soft and smooth. Plus I know we'll have fantastic sleep and dreams and perhaps the best part of this grog is how great I feel the next day. I don't get that from any other kava.

Last edited:

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
Good morning all, hope every had a krunk night. Dua Na Bilo is out of stock on Scamazon. Dose he have a website or email I can order from? I'm looking to order shortly. Most people's day time kavas= heavy night time/good sleeping kava for me so I'm very interested in getting some. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday. I've have been having a stressful weekend, I'm mean month, so I might be having some kava a little earlier today.
Bula Vice

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
Good morning all, hope every had a krunk night. Dua Na Bilo is out of stock on Scamazon. Dose he have a website or email I can order from? I'm looking to order shortly. Most people's day time kavas= heavy night time/good sleeping kava for me so I'm very interested in getting some. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday. I've have been having a stressful weekend, I'm mean month, so I might be having some kava a little earlier today.
Bula Vice
See this thread in answer to your question:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...mited-quantities-to-last-till-mid-june.11359/