What's new

eBay bans K4V4.(?)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Just got word from one of my Indo-Fijian California kava sources that eBay has banned kava.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Fiji Vanua Kava thanks and appreciates you as a customer. Unfortunately EBAY has made the decision on banning all Kava sales from all vendors. For this reason, you will not be able to purchase our Kava on ebay anymore.

We still continue to import high quality Fiji Kava and will always have it in stock. You can buy directly from us through payment with Paypal. With direct paypal payment - send money option to email [email protected], account name Nitesh Narayan. PayPal protects you as a buyer with Resolution Center and direct Reimbursement so you are protected for your payment..."

I haven't seen any details from eBay for their reasoning, but I assume it'll probably have something to do with the Salmonella-tainted K@ news going around, as well as the slew of shitty kava products being sold that may have lead to ill effects in some customers. Although, no matter how shitty the kava is, this typically turns out to be due to the person not using the product properly. Ebay is a big company, so one could imagine a day where Amazon follows suite. The more attention kava draws because of major online retailers banning it, the more negative the overall uneducated public view will be, which could snowball into something worse. Let's hope not.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
That really sucks, I remember when I used to sell my kava on ebay in the early 1990ies. I am just glad I live in Hawaii on an 'Awa farm where 'Awa is our state drink. This is another good reason that we need kava to be included in the Codex, the next step after that is to make kava a food product again and not a nutritional supplement.
Since paypal is owned by ebay, I wonder if paypal will soon no longer want to accept payments for kava?
@shakas, thanks for letting us know about this.
Aloha.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
I asked him to send me a copy of their statement, I'm curious to see their reasoning. Perhaps he is confused...and they haven't banned it. But, it seems unlikely that he would be unclear on this, since his entire online business is selling kava on eBay...I imagine they give vendors a heads up.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Nitesh Narayan:
No official word...This is more of a liability move for ebay than anything else. That is the message i got from talking to ebay.
Still not exactly what I was looking for, I'm gonna press him a little further about this info.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Searching whether or not kava listings were still up was the first thing I did before making this thread. I brought it up to the retailer, that I still see kava available on the site, his response was this:

Nitesh Narayan:
"Ebay said its officially banning it.
You see all the sponsored vendors still selling because those vendors pay for x amount of days, and to make their product appear first on the search and more frequently. It will appear until their paid period i.e the time they paid for is over. I saw one take advantage of the situation and rise the price to $130/lb."

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Searching whether or not kava listings were still up was the first thing I did before making this thread. I brought it up to the retailer, that I still see kava available on the site, his response was this:

Nitsesh Narayan:
"Ebay said its officially banning it.
You see all the sponsored vendors still selling because those vendors pay for x amount of days, and to make their product appear first on the search and more frequently. It will appear until their paid period i.e the time they paid for is over. I saw one take advantage of the situation and rise the price to $130/lb."
Well...that is quite a disappointment. Realistically I wonder what the chances are of paypal following suit. Looks like we're about to get a crash course in cryptocurrency.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
That really sucks, I remember when I used to sell my kava on ebay in the early 1990ies. I am just glad I live in Hawaii on an 'Awa farm where 'Awa is our state drink. This is another good reason that we need kava to be included in the Codex, the next step after that is to make kava a food product again and not a nutritional supplement.
Since paypal is owned by ebay, I wonder if paypal will soon no longer want to accept payments for kava?
@shakas, thanks for letting us know about this.
Aloha.

Chris
Did awa get made officially the state drink of Hawaii, or is that still a work in progress?