What's new

Kava Poll Emulsifier or no emulsifier

Does adding an emulsifier make a brew more potent?

• Total voters

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
How many of you think that an emulsifier actually makes grog stronger?

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Thanks for the responses/votes everyone

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I haven't noticed a difference between water, coconut oil and MCT oil. I drink just water now. If I want to soften the taste a little I put a small amount of coconut milk. In the end, water is my preferable way of drinking by far.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I got some liquid soy Lecithin after reading that some people have it in their grog. Everywhere it says that it's solvable in water, but I can't do it. Not even really hot water can get this thick thing to melt. Tried blending it with some oil too but it just stays together like some glue. It's super hard to even clean it off my drinking glasses. How do people even use this stuff?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I got some liquid soy Lecithin after reading that some people have it in their grog. Everywhere it says that it's solvable in water, but I can't do it. Not even really hot water can get this thick thing to melt. Tried blending it with some oil too but it just stays together like some glue. It's super hard to even clean it off my drinking glasses. How do people even use this stuff?
Powder sunflower lecithin is the way to go. No need to even go down the questionable soy route.

I have only ever used sunflower lecithin. It definitely makes a difference to the texture and appearance of the grog. Much more frothy topped.

I actually do think it does make the kava more potent. But I agree with the other comments that it doesn't make much noticeable difference.

Kava just works for me with plain water alone. Sometimes I use lecithin powder, in the aluball, not always.

When I shake a bag in a jar, or blend, I always add lecithin.

But it is by no means an indispensible necessity, although my gut tells me it does enhance the effects slightly.