What's new

Powdered Kava Review 'Eva

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
When I tried the Ono I said it was a bit on the weak side. Well this is a little weaker than average too but I did get some nice effects this evening. I'd forgotten about the Ono experience so mixed this up 5 tablespoons which is an average dose for me considering I'm working in the morning and all. After the first 2 shells I was wondering what was going on, wasn't getting much. I did another prep in the aluball with a bit more root and started feeling very nice. The bottom line is that these kavas are not very strong if you mix them at your usual dose so use a bit more, simple. The question is... are these kavas worth buying if they're not that strong? Well I would say YES! Let's go back to the beginning...

The grind is really quite fine in my experience, it looks almost like a micronized or instant with some random bits of root in it. The aroma is not that pronounced, it smells like kava but not a strong smell. When straining I used a knee high first to get rid of most of the root but then strained through a CK strainer which got out quite a bit of fine powder too.

Chugging the first shell you start thinking "Vanuatu" because of the strong peppery taste. I like a peppery Vanuatu so it didn't worry me at all. Some people may not like such a strongly flavoured kava.

I would say I felt very mild effects after the first shell but after 30 mins or so I reloaded with the second. Again didn't get much so after another 30 mins went in with the aluball prep with another 3 tablespoons. That was the one that pushed me into lift off. I got a very nice balance between heady effects, even up to some ear ringing combined with very pleasant body sensations. I was relaxed and happy and suddenly the couch was extremely inviting. Even after nearly an hour since my last shell I'm still floating quite nicely. I've actually got the shakes a little bit but I don't feel ill or incapacitated by it. Any slight nausea has been easily managed with ginger.

My overall verdict on this is that it is a very nice balanced kava once you find your level. It's just a fact that the CK kavas aren't that strong so you need to use more. Big deal, get over it. Next time I will just use 8 tablespoons right away and get there quicker but for tonight I've had a very relaxing evening courtesy of this kava and I would recommend anyone to at least try it out to see if it's for them.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've upped the sedative rating by one shell. I'm finding most kavas quite sedative after they start to wear off but this one is a touch more sedating than some others so worth a mention.