What's new

Experience kava and Benadryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
Ok I’m not a pill person at all. I can’t even remember the last time I took a pill. Tonight tho I was feeling a little more kava nausea then usual. So I took one 25mg Benadryl and am feeling krunk but zero nausea and it’s throwing me off.

I’m feeling a bit of a head change. I have to say the kavas affect is greatly decreased. I’m not feeling it as much as earlier. I feel an almost numbing feeling in my stomach. It’s just weird to feel just the kava and none of the nausea. The nausea is what causes tension for me. I will never take Benadryl again because it’s making me feel kind of weird.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ok I’m not a pill person at all. I can’t even remember the last time I took a pill. Tonight tho I was feeling a little more kava nausea then usual. So I took one 25mg Benadryl and am feeling krunk but zero nausea and it’s throwing me off.

I’m feeling a bit of a head change. I have to say the kavas affect is greatly decreased. I’m not feeling it as much as earlier. I feel an almost numbing feeling in my stomach. It’s just weird to feel just the kava and none of the nausea. The nausea is what causes tension for me. I will never take Benadryl again because it’s making me feel kind of weird.
Over the years I've frequented this combo a few times, and you're right. It kills the nausea and the skin itching. It also increases the sedation excessively. Talk about not wanting to wake up the next morning. I believe you're correct about the stomach numbing feeling being the source of most of our "nausea" feelings from kava. Strange sensation when you're not accustomed to it.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I was thrown off that I was 10/10 krunk but with zero nausea. There’s always a small but that’s his ally manageable.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I have used this combo before - but only out of necessity. Benadryl knocks me on my ass and not in a good way. Yeah it puts me to sleep, but it is not a good restful sleep. That and waking up and clearing the cob webs takes a ton of effort - similar to a strong tudei.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I hate Benadryl. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Stick to Kava. Benadryl, even in low doses, can lead up to dementia / Alzhimer's disease.

" When the researchers examined the use of anticholinergic drugs, they found that people who used these drugs were more likely to have developed dementia as those who didn’t use them. Moreover, dementia risk increased along with the cumulative dose. Taking an anticholinergic for the equivalent of three years or more was associated with a 54% higher dementia risk than taking the same dose for three months or less."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...l-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I felt very tired all day today. No more Benadryl for me. It also made me kind of out of it last night which I did not like.

Status
Not open for further replies.