Kava Preparation Expert Kava Preparation Techniques

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
[wiki=full]kava-preparation[/wiki]

Last edited by a moderator:

infraredz

BULA!
I threw the "simple" method up on top so all the newbies will see it first- not trying to put anyone out of their place, like the Kapm or anyone else :)

D

Deleted User01

Kapmcrunk, I see you adhere to the 120 degree water per that chart. I do that and last time I added the blender option per Infraredz. It came out good but it always comes out good. I just get tired of kneading for 10-20 minutes though I did give it a few minutes of kneading after the blending for good measure. I was really lazy and didn't do a second wash. If I do a second Kava variety (to bottle), I will throw in the dregs into the second batch for good measure.

KavaKenji

Kava Curious
Hey Kavasseurs,

I added my method because I thought it could be helpful. I learned a lot from trying out your different methods.

D

Deleted User01

Thank you KavaKenji and just another reason that I think the Prep Thread should be stand alone. It is a very big topic.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Changed the thread title so it doesn't show as "Kava Preparation Kava Preparation"
If you got a better one, please edit it again.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey @infraredz,

I've been thinking for awhile now about breaking those great techniques out to their own pages and have this one used as an index page of the Kavapedia. I linked the title of your prep technique so you can see what I mean. Let me know whether you like that or not. The advantage I see of doing it, is that you will see all the titles of the techniques together instead of stretched all out in a really long page (like it is now).

Regards
HeadHodge

infraredz

BULA!
@HeadHodge I don't see anything wrong with doing that, but I can't find the "root" menu for all the techniques. I do agree that people who are looking for how to prep their kava might be overwhelmed, and also might seem confused since we all have different ways of doing it. So in a way, I think it's good to separate it so that it's not so many conflicting information, though I do think there should be something (like my notes, and whatever other info re: prep that anyone finds helpful) should be included on the "Title Page" for Kava prep, so that people know.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge I don't see anything wrong with doing that, but I can't find the "root" menu for all the techniques. I do agree that people who are looking for how to prep their kava might be overwhelmed, and also might seem confused since we all have different ways of doing it. So in a way, I think it's good to separate it so that it's not so many conflicting information, though I do think there should be something (like my notes, and whatever other info re: prep that anyone finds helpful) should be included on the "Title Page" for Kava prep, so that people know.
Ok great. No worries I'll take care of it and before I make any changes to the current wiki menu, I'll go through it with you, just to make sure we're "on the same page" (he he)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Ok great. No worries I'll take care of it and before I make any changes to the current wiki menu, I'll go through it with you, just to make sure we're "on the same page" (he he)
Hey infraredz,

Ok I "broke out" all the prep techniques to their own wiki page. I also modified the wiki prep page to include links to the new wiki pages.

I'm now ready to remove everything from the wiki prep page except the titles with their links. The end result will be sort of like a sub-menu for prep techniques. So from the main wiki page, you would click on prep techniques and it will show you the sub-menu. Then click on the desired one and it will display the individual prep technique.

Could you take a quick look at it before I modify the prep technique page (as described above) ?

Thanks
HeadHodge

infraredz

BULA!
I'm not sure if I understand (this is confusing to my poor brain). I went to the Kavapedia Bridge:
Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 12.19.51 PM.png

Then I clicked on "Prepare Kava the Right Way" and got this:
Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 12.20.00 PM.png

infraredz

BULA!
@HeadHodge , I'm getting that second page (the blank one) after clicking on every link listed in the index...

Is there any java, flash, etc. involved which would explain why I'm not seeing anything under any of the categories?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge , I'm getting that second page (the blank one) after clicking on every link listed in the index...

Is there any java, flash, etc. involved which would explain why I'm not seeing anything under any of the categories?
Hi,

THANKS for pointing this out to me. I took a look and it's working fine for me. But I forgot to test with non-member (logged off) and I get the same problem. So it's some sort of security issue. I put the old version back until I can figure out the problem.

Let me know if the old one is working (with bugs and all) for you.

Thanks Again

infraredz

BULA!
Works perfectly! We can talk about little minor tunes, but it's looking awesome!

great job, and thanks for your hard work once again.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Great Thanks for letting me know. I went ahead and modified the prep sub-menu in the wiki. I keep forgetting that Xenforo has a page archive mechanism (history). So my changes causes grief, the page can always be "reverted" to a previous version.

Regards

infraredz

BULA!
Awesome work, it looks fantastic now.

I would suggest that instead of keeping some of the stuff confined to the Bridge, that you create the same "sub headers" for these in the actual Kavapedia:

Kava the Plant, the Tradition

• Kava Botany
  • Kava History
  • [INSERT KAVA CHEMOTYPE ARTICLE]
Kava and your Body
  • Kava Research
  • Kava Science
  • Kava Physiology
  • [INSERT KAVA DERMOPATHY ARTICLE]
I think that Kava FAQ should be a bold, all caps header at the top, and then have the rest of them under More Kava Information.