What's new

Extended dermopathy

Jack3

Kava Curious
I went through 5 1/2 lbs medium grind mostly unfiltered over the course of 8-9 weeks. I have been abstinent for 11 days. The dermo is mild but persistent. I wonder if I am unusually susceptible.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You went through 5 1/2 lbs of unstrained medium grind?

You deserve a medal.

More time. Give yourself more time. Also think about straining that stuff, lol!

Edit: This averages out to 40g of unstrained root per day.

Jack3

Kava Curious
I’m aware of the instructions, however, as I have previously shared, I’m short on funds, living with elders who don’t approve, and it takes a lot of clean up and a good deal more kava powder to make traditional kava.

I suffer chronic pain and chronic fatigue due to a massive chronic active Epstein-Barr infection, off-the charts anxiety, insomnia, and I am at risk for altzheimer’s. Although the most well researched benefit lies in temporary relief from anxiety and the other benefits have not been extensively researched, I have noticed some benefit in each of these areas of concern. I would not necessarily characterize my relationship with kava as compulsive, it is difficult to live with these symptoms and so I have to accept that I will have to just endure them most of the time to make the most of kava and minimize side effects.

While waiting on a disability claim and dealing with a number of situational stressors, I’ve relied on kava more than usual. I wasn’t sure how much or how often I would have to drink kava before having this problem. Neither did I know how long it would last once it set in. I’m surprised to find myself itching after two weeks. I may break down and buy some kind of moisturizer as the castor oil or coconut oil are too greasy and don’t seem to absorb well, but I’m going to check the Environmental Working Group app to find an option that is as non-toxic as possible with the lowest environmental impact.

Some medium grind nambawan arrived and it is on me. Signing off.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I’m aware of the instructions, however, as I have previously shared, I’m short on funds, living with elders who don’t approve, and it takes a lot of clean up and a good deal more kava powder to make traditional kava.

I suffer chronic pain and chronic fatigue due to a massive chronic active Epstein-Barr infection, off-the charts anxiety, insomnia, and I am at risk for altzheimer’s. Although the most well researched benefit lies in temporary relief from anxiety and the other benefits have not been extensively researched, I have noticed some benefit in each of these areas of concern. I would not necessarily characterize my relationship with kava as compulsive, it is difficult to live with these symptoms and so I have to accept that I will have to just endure them most of the time to make the most of kava and minimize side effects.

While waiting on a disability claim and dealing with a number of situational stressors, I’ve relied on kava more than usual. I wasn’t sure how much or how often I would have to drink kava before having this problem. Neither did I know how long it would last once it set in. I’m surprised to find myself itching after two weeks. I may break down and buy some kind of moisturizer as the castor oil or coconut oil are too greasy and don’t seem to absorb well, but I’m going to check the Environmental Working Group app to find an option that is as non-toxic as possible with the lowest environmental impact.

Some medium grind nambawan arrived and it is on me. Signing off.
I would recommend you invest once in a bottle of Amlactin, it should last a while. Don't apply it over any broken skin as it will burn like hell, but Amlactin or the pharmacy brand equivalent, is the best lotion for these types of outbreaks. Increase your fluid intake, (try coconut water or Pedialyte for best results) to offset the extra root you are ingesting. Take a coconut oil supplement daily, all these things should significantly reduce the symptoms.

Jack3

Kava Curious
I would recommend you invest once in a bottle of Amlactin, it should last a while. Don't apply it over any broken skin as it will burn like hell, but Amlactin or the pharmacy brand equivalent, is the best lotion for these types of outbreaks. Increase your fluid intake, (try coconut water or Pedialyte for best results) to offset the extra root you are ingesting. Take a coconut oil supplement daily, all these things should significantly reduce the symptoms.
EWG says AmLactin is decent. I’ll see if I can afford it. Been through the better part of a pound over the past week.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
EWG says AmLactin is decent. I’ll see if I can afford it. Been through the better part of a pound over the past week.
Yeah I've certainly been there, lol. I drank a lot, everyday for a little over 3 years. Get in the habit of drinking more water, when you wake up, drink a glass or 2 everyday. That alone will make you feel better.

Jack3

Kava Curious
10 days today and I have one dose left over. Unfortunately, I’m just coming out of a krunk. So hard to estimate tolerance when using several days in a row, but also a challenge to choose times spaced out. There’s a certain pain that feels like nerve pain which responds well.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
10 days today and I have one dose left over. Unfortunately, I’m just coming out of a krunk. So hard to estimate tolerance when using several days in a row, but also a challenge to choose times spaced out. There’s a certain pain that feels like nerve pain which responds well.
Sometimes I go over a month without any kava, funny how the body adjusts with time. A pound recharges me, so to speak for the month or at least 3 weeks. I do start missing it after a month.