What's new

Kava Recipe Favorite Kava Chaser: Aloe Vera Drink

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Pineapple slices or candy used to be my go-to Kava chaser, but for the past couple months I have enjoyed following-up my shells of Kava with Aloe Vera drink. I'm one of those people who likes heavy pulp orange juice, so the pulp in these Aloe drinks is welcome.

Just wanted to mention it. There IS some sugar in these drinks, so take a look at that if you're monitoring sugar intake.

Very pleasant, and adds to the experience.

ALSO, did I mention I've come to appreciate LOW servings? Like... instead of 40g to "feel something", I'm able to take 10g or 15g and the results are much much better.

FYS

Shell Shocked
I love a good aloe beverage though I've never been one for chasers. You should consider making some yourself. There are many great aloaceaes out there all with varying effects and (most) are very easy to germ and cultivate. I make a few aloe ferments to feed my plants and always have a drink myself whenever I make it. Its very nice with a bit of fresh coconut water, lime, or pineapple. Aloe Arborescens is very nice with some bacopa and aptenia for stress relief as well.
Edit: my post wont unbold for some reason. oops

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe I'm the weird one but I actually have grown to like the taste of kava. I don't use any chaser, and I actually sip kava relatively slowly (after gulping down a shell at the beginning of the session to kick-start effects). I like to savor that peppery, mouth-numbing feel ::kavaleaf::

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
One thing I've noticed is that, as I've cut down my servings, I can SEE where people would appreciate the taste.
At 40 grams, it's pretty nauseating. But at 10 grams, it's a whole different story. I feel like I've finally gotten to a nice place with Kava usage.

I'll have to keep an eye out for aloe vera drink next time I'm at the store. Are the affects of 10-15g a result of the aloe vera drink or something else? I feel that I consume quite a bit to "get there", maybe too much.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Aloe sounds very nice, thank you. Chiming in that I love the taste of 40 grams of Kava brewed in however much water. Bula to the flavor of strong Kava!