• Vanuatu

• Hawaii

• Other (Oceana)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kavakavaking

OceanOfKava
Heres 2 of my favirite kavas to date.
First spot goes to moana
#Species: Locally known Blend of Red/White kava white being the stronger and more civilnutty taste (lovely)
BreederInfo: Moana plantation s MLTHL Tefisi Village's and surrounding farms.
Vender: https://www.moanakava.com.au/
Plantations: https://www.moanakava.com.au/
(white/red) mix from vavu islands Tonga.
Effects: well balanced, heady and relaxing to start with a little more energy for the forst half (not over heady like some Fijian strains i have tried , but a nice balanced relax uplift that eases into a nice body if sitting for 10 or so mins . Not body like a sedatingbuzz like strains of the Borongoru varietys ,more of a muscle relax valium chill. , great for mornings in mid range doses. Also a few extra shells of a sundown make for a nice evening keeping alert yet relaxed. (Alertness seems to ride the whole way threw. Forming from a mental buzz social to a focus.
Again not as social as most Fijian strains .
Taste is very piney alot different from any other variety i have tryed.
Very bitter after tone of pine and pecan nut flavor. Love the numbing on this one. Lingers along time.
#Duration 7/10
#Effects 8.9/10
(Medium grind-70:30% chips to root)
(2nd Place)
BORINGORU:
#SPECIES/SOURCE:
Pentecost island Vanuatu.
#Effects: thus is my go to "Sleep aid " or night time brew.
Less numbing than *Manoa'.
Taste is more "Traditional " very smooth and creamy with a lite pennutnutty after tone alone with a less bitter linger. Very creamy.
Body effects hit just before peak the headyness only last about 15 20 for myself moving into a nice chill trance.
Duration: 9.5/10
Effects: 8/10
(Sitting on cup 4 of moana Tongan atm 2 am feeling good. Migjt have 1 more shell . Read then a nice nap. Much love to you all and this healing root. Bulla.
KK.

Attachments

Kavakavaking

OceanOfKava
Heres 2 of my favirite kavas to date.
First spot goes to moana
#Species: Locally known Blend of Red/White kava white being the stronger and more civilnutty taste (lovely)
BreederInfo: Moana plantation s MLTHL Tefisi Village's and surrounding farms.
Vender: https://www.moanakava.com.au/
Plantations: https://www.moanakava.com.au/
(white/red) mix from vavu islands Tonga.
Effects: well balanced, heady and relaxing to start with a little more energy for the forst half (not over heady like some Fijian strains i have tried , but a nice balanced relax uplift that eases into a nice body if sitting for 10 or so mins . Not body like a sedatingbuzz like strains of the Borongoru varietys ,more of a muscle relax valium chill. , great for mornings in mid range doses. Also a few extra shells of a sundown make for a nice evening keeping alert yet relaxed. (Alertness seems to ride the whole way threw. Forming from a mental buzz social to a focus.
Again not as social as most Fijian strains .
Taste is very piney alot different from any other variety i have tryed.
Very bitter after tone of pine and pecan nut flavor. Love the numbing on this one. Lingers along time.
#Duration 7/10
#Effects 8.9/10
(Medium grind-70:30% chips to root)
(2nd Place)
BORINGORU:
#SPECIES/SOURCE:
Pentecost island Vanuatu.
#Effects: thus is my go to "Sleep aid " or night time brew.
Less numbing than *Manoa'.
Taste is more "Traditional " very smooth and creamy with a lite pennutnutty after tone alone with a less bitter linger. Very creamy.
Body effects hit just before peak the headyness only last about 15 20 for myself moving into a nice chill trance.
Duration: 9.5/10
Effects: 8/10
(Sitting on cup 4 of moana Tongan atm 2 am feeling good. Migjt have 1 more shell . Read then a nice nap. Much love to you all and this healing root. Bulla.
KK.

Attachments

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I prefer Vanuatu and Fiji because they usually offer deeper, fuller more balanced experiences. They also just have a wide variety of options, especially Vanuatu, whereas most of the Polynesian kavas are very similar to each other and are often much more one-sided or "emptier" feeling.

NZ shouldn't be on the list, they don't have their own cultivars, it could be replaced with Samoa or Micronesia though.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I prefer Vanuatu and Fiji because they usually offer deeper, fuller more balanced experiences. They also just have a wide variety of options, especially Vanuatu, whereas most of the Polynesian kavas are very similar to each other and are often much more one-sided or "emptier" feeling.
I agree, my go to is Fijian Waka but I like the wide varieties available in Vanuatu. Their heavier kavas are exceptional.
NZ shouldn't be on the list, they don't have their own cultivars, it could be replaced with Samoa or Micronesia though.
Done.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover

Vanuatu for me, although Hawaiian ʻawa is also surprisingly diverse.

Fiji is solid. Never had a bad experience.

Tongan... to be honest I've not been able to drink enough to say for sure. It feels heady...ish(?) but I would not go so far as to say Tonga grows a one-note kava. They're just a small kingdom with limited exports, and I'm sure the Kava Tonga you can find at kalapus IN Tonga is fantastic. All I've had is fuʻu (basically like moʻi, a thermonuclear kavain bomb) and pony ono (heady/balanced like a Hawaiian, Fijian, or a good social daily ni-Van)

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Favorite kava ever was damu that Mike from kwk found a few years ago. It honestly ruined me. It's a Fijian cultivar. Recently I've enjoyed papa kea from Hawaii and Solomon from kavafied