What's new

Favorite strainer?

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
Hey everybody, I was wondering what everyone’s favorite strainer is.

personally I think the best one I have ever owned is the wakakon one on Amazon.

I was not a fan of the dollar ones fromN@H, but that sure is a good price and will do the job if somebody needs one for cheap. Too much sediment went through for my liking personally.

The worst one I have ever had was from kavafied. The bag itself was not bad but the string fell out of it before the first week passed.

I really like Fiji and cava strainers too especially the pretty ones, but I like the string and mesh of the wakakon the most.

i’m looking into buying a new one and now that it is $14 instead of $12 I’m not sure if I want to pay the extra for the wakakon, figured I would ask for some advice and give some feedback that may be able to help others above.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The best kava strainers I've personally ever used came from @Bula Kava House

Sadly he's been out of stock for what looks like all year.

Nakamal @ Home's strainers work, they just have to be doubled once the weave starts to loosen.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious

Nakamal @ Home's strainers work, they just have to be doubled once the weave starts to loosen.
Yeah, I really liked their fijian ones. And yea that’s what I did using the N@H ones and it did the job, but I strongly prefer bags with strings myself

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That one does look pretty sweet, 20 bucks but I guess ya get what you pay for. have you ever tried the wakacon one to compare by chance?
I haven't but I tried a few cloth types and I prefer this synthetic type.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious

Hey Kapn, how do you think KWK fijian strainer compared with theirs your talking about? Is it better to just wait for BKH to get theirs back in stock . Thanks

Also thx for the heads up Byron, i’m just worried about sediment leaking from the top since that appears to not shut or am I wrong?

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Kapn, how do you think KWK fijian strainer compared with theirs your talking about? Is it better to just wait for BKH to get theirs back in stock . Thanks

Also thx for the heads up Byron, i’m just worried about sediment leaking from the top since that appears to not shut or am I wrong?
its really long so you can twist it. makes for easy disposal and adding kava. Also it has like a ton of stitching so I know it'll last. I'm about 2-3 months in and no signs of wear