What's new

Feeling sick and exhausted

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I've been consuming Kava for half a year without any side effects at all. 4 days ago I made a strong brew with Kava from a supplier I had only had tried for times since I got it delivered. Drinking the kava made me feel almost like drunk on alcohol and after a while it made me throw up really intensely. I still have spots on my face from veins getting busted from me throwing up. Since then I have felt really tired and sick. I can't really pin point the feeling I have, but it's feels almost like when you have an infection in your body. I just feel week and tired. It might not even be connected to the Kava I had on Tuesday, but it does connect time wise. This lethargy is really strong and I'm wondering if anyone else have had this reaction? I am doubting that the Kava I had is noble, but I've been to tired to make another acetone test where I can compare with Kava I know is noble.

Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Your kava shouldn't be doing this to you. I would be worried you've caught something if you're still seeing symptoms for 4 days. Even the most non-noble kava I've consumed (possibly wild kava) didn't effect me for more than a day or two. 4 days isn't normal by any means.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Your kava shouldn't be doing this to you. I would be worried you've caught something if you're still seeing symptoms for 4 days. Even the most non-noble kava I've consumed (possibly wild kava) didn't effect me for more than a day or two. 4 days isn't normal by any means.
In the end it seems like you were right, I must have caught something.

But now it makes me curios if anyone have heard of any cases were people got sick from consuming Kava that contained some bacteria or virus?
I guess that this could not have been my case because the shipment was in transit for 6 weeks and the bags containing the Kava had not been opened by customs.
I did a acetone test that seems to show that the Kava I was suspicious of was noble, in the end.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
In the end it seems like you were right, I must have caught something.

But now it makes me curios if anyone have heard of any cases were people got sick from consuming Kava that contained some bacteria or virus?
I guess that this could not have been my case because the shipment was in transit for 6 weeks and the bags containing the Kava had not been opened by customs.
I did a acetone test that seems to show that the Kava I was suspicious of was noble, in the end.
I'm happy you're feeling better. Maybe you had a tummy bug coming on and then drank the kava? You know your experiences so it could have been a reaction. We know you're feeling better now.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I'm happy you're feeling better. Maybe you had a tummy bug coming on and then drank the kava? You know your experiences so it could have been a reaction. We know you're feeling better now.
I think you are right. I'm just highly suspicious of the vendor that I bought the Kava from because they tried to black mail this forum. But that does not mean the Kava itself is bad, but just makes me suspicious haha. My acetone test made it clear that the Kava is noble so I think it was just a bad timing that I got a tummy bug on the fourth day of consuming the new Kava.

I do realize it sounds a bit stupid to consume Kava from I vendor you don't trust.