What's new

Fiji Loa Vs. Pouni Ono

Which Kava do you enjoy most

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
The Fiji Loa Waka is my favorite of the two. However, I tend to mix them together a lot now and like it better that way.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Do you use the "aluball"? @ i don't know
If so, how do you go about it?
Cheers Moff.
I have the micronized form of Loa Waka and Pouni Ono. So, I just stir about a half teaspoon of each into my coffee. I like to add borogoru as well to deal with muscle tension. I use the Aluball for all my medium grinds though. For the Aluball I put a teaspoon of whatever in the ball (I am a lightweight), but I have been mixing medium grinds lately so I wind up with about 3 teaspoons. I mix half chocolate almond milk and half water filling up the whole Aluball and then I swirl the ball rather than shaking up and down. Then, after taking a chug, I let it sit for a little bit and then swirl and sip and swirl and sit and sip and swirl and, well you get the point. Because I am a lightweight I just sip it throughout the day and chug at night. But, other people only drink it in the evening. I am special.::bow2::

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I don't know if they're similar as I've not tried the pouni, but wow this loa Waka has me in an amazing place. I'm krunked out right now so I can tell you, you will love this. So euphoric, so happy, I'm loving these heady effects. Took a bit of it to get me here but this is how I want to end every work week. Thank you KWK!

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
Well..... I have now put an order in for the pouni! I'm looking forward to comparing the two and to mixing them both::chugger::

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Today's effects with the Loa Waka are a little different than last time. Maybe because I've been drinking way more (equivalent to 3/4 cups root in 8 cups water, including second washes, over 4 hours) I hit the same happy euphoric state as last time but it passed much quicker as I sunk into the heavier body relaxation, giving me confirmation of all the 'balanced' reviews of this root. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying this body sedation after a long week of framing, but I'm excited to get my hands on something full on heady and full on heavy to make some comparisons.

ondance-a-tron

Kava Curious
I got some micro Pouni Ono earlier this week. I can say that for me it's rather sedating. It has some happy headiness to it too but not so much as the Fiji Loa. A shell of Pouni Ono micro and I'll be asleep in an instant but with Fiji Loa I'm usually energized and super motivated (but sometimes it gets me tense). If I had to choose I'd pick Fiji Loa because I'm a fan of the headier kavas. I'll probably end up using Pouni Ono when I need to fix my sleep schedule but it's good for stress relief too.
Now, I wish I had Fiji Loa right now because I'd totally mix that with Pouni.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
Well i have now tried both and i couldn't really tell much between the two? Not sure why but i'm certainly not complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.