What's new

Fiji Vanua extract powder?

tbobe6924

So I have tried many of the Fiji Vanua "traditional" products, and love their stuff, so figured I would order some of their 30% KL extract powder to have a "kava on the go" method when travelling. Has anyone tried this stuff? I generally stay away from extracts, but this company is so highly regarded, and this is the first time I have seen anyone post a lab analysis of an extract, so thought I might give it a try. I figure if it is any good, it will be a better "travel kava" than instant.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I have tried many of the Fiji Vanua "traditional" products, and love their stuff, so figured I would order some of their 30% KL extract powder to have a "kava on the go" method when travelling. Has anyone tried this stuff? I generally stay away from extracts, but this company is so highly regarded, and this is the first time I have seen anyone post a lab analysis of an extract, so thought I might give it a try. I figure if it is any good, it will be a better "travel kava" than instant.
I've seen it tested at two different labs with the exact same results. Noble chemotype. We actually know the source on this one. It checks all the boxes for quality if you want to give it a shot. I had some in my possession, but my buddy here in town was remodeling his kitchen. I gave it to him and he loved it for the time he was without a proper prep area and just wanted to whip up something real quick. He ended up buying like 1/2 a lb, lol.

Some people are good with extracts, others appreciate the time and attention that is required to produce traditional prep.

I'm personally for the traditional way, but we're not here to judge :)

tbobe6924

I've seen it tested at two different labs with the exact same results. Noble chemotype. We actually know the source on this one. It checks all the boxes for quality if you want to give it a shot. I had some in my possession, but my buddy here in town was remodeling his kitchen. I gave it to him and he loved it for the time he was without a proper prep area and just wanted to whip up something real quick. He ended up buying like 1/2 a lb, lol.

Some people are good with extracts, others appreciate the time and attention that is required to produce traditional prep.

I'm personally for the traditional way, but we're not here to judge :)
Thanks for the info, and I totally agree...90% or more of my kava prep is traditional...that being said there are a few situations where this is not feasible, so I thought this might be a good way to enjoy a session on the road. Do you happen to know whether it leans toward the heady or heavy side?

fijivanuakava

Kava Vendor
Bula. Thank you for the kind words.

For me personally, it leans toward the heavy side.
I love doing trad prep as well. The extract is a good on the go deal or for travelling.

Appreciate the support.

Vinaka!!!