What's new

Fiji Waka

oi oi. im down to my last cup or so of stone, and despite the fact im kinda pist about running out, im sorta like "good riddance". its tiring as fuck the next day. and can bear good tidings of nausea and dizziness. so obviously, this calls for more kava. forget runnin out. not an option. i ended up procuring a lb of kava by rex fiji waka. im stoked to see in a few days when it shows up what all das fuss is about. ive heard nothing but good things about it. let me fuckin find out. ill report back when i have a few shells down the hatch.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
If you want to rid yourself of daytime tiredness, many people describe Rex's Tongan pride as the most stimulating and energizing kava out there

tongan pride eh? i was thinkin about that maybe. perhaps itll be my next batch. im super curious to try a bunch of kavas, considering ive seen their vastly different effex. my ideal kava would be heavy and intoxicating, with wicked euphoria, a head trip kinda buzz, relaxing yet energizing. and long lasting without nausea, tiredness, or disorientation. id really like to try the solomon but alas, no dice. cant find it nowheres. and word on the street says that noone can find the shit. ive been playing with stone forever but its too benzo like. i frown upon benzos. but i can appreciate the kava itself regardless. im a psychedelix/dissociatives kid since way back. if only there was a kava akin to that....ive had moments where it did totally unique things to my spirit. so i think its just a matter of finding the right root to match my soul.thanx for your input.

mos3z: really? wow it must be pretty gnarly then huh? im stoked as hell to try it, to be honest. how would you describe its vibes? im gonna be an impatient asshole til it shows. tonight i drank three (3) bowls of stone and im working on my fourth. i think i waste a lotta kava due to my constant drinking habits (ill drink it for 7-8 hours daily). but truthfully i think its just me hoping that stone will do what i wish it would. it might not ever do nothin besides be itself. maybe i just got the wrong kava for me. i see yer super stoked upon the fiji waka, so thats actually part of what made me pick that over tongan pride. and they have something on their site i aint seen before: tongan lightning. so we shall see. ill totally post back when it comes and tell you what i think!!! cant wait...

OH! one more thing, my friend: whats yer root to water ratio? just outta curiosity.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Alright. I squeezed out a batch of fiji waka this evening. It's like squeezing clay. You put 2 cups of water in and get 8 ounces out. I used a nakamal @ home strainer (Paint strainer). I don't know how you could even begin to squeeze out a batch with a fijian strainer. This goes without saying my batch looks a little.....thick. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Oh and Mos3z, it only took me two months. but I'm trying it.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
yeah i told u man, its a trip how much water it soaks up, i recommend adding a little more water after soaking to help water it down so u can squeeze with a fijian.

its really odd if you add it during soaking it will soak that up too, but after soaking it waters it down. i cant explain it

ive been drinking this daily for 2-3 months now

what u think of it?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Good kava! It's a little hard to drink, being nearly a milkshake in consistency. The effect was pronounced and strong, as I expected, but it did give me one interesting effect I haven't gotten from other kavas...this kava gave me the most intense nightmares I've ever had. Or should I say, nightmare, because it was one continuous dream for the 6 or so hours I slept. I've been awake for an hour and I'm still slightly scared of my own shadow.

I'll have to try this out on the weekend when even if I do have a weird situation crop up like last night...I can roll over and go right back to sleep.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
thats strange, havent had that and im drinking it daily, i think ive gone through 4 lbs already

i have had other varieties give me nightmares but not this one

i think it did give me more vivid dreams at the start but not any more

WakaGrade

Grog 4 your Nog
After lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks, I decided to go with some Fiji Waka Grade and this stuff is great! My usual amount is 3 tablespoons and I have been having some amazing nights with sleep following. As a plus is tastes great as well. I actually awoke this morning looking forward to another session tonight.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
Super nice uplifting kava. I also made a blend of this and BKH's boroguru and it was great. For me boroguru is very sedating but moderately uplifting compared to this Waka which is uplifting but doesn't affect me in the body as much as boroguru. Stone always gave me the best of both of these worlds. With this combo I really feel like I'm drinking Stone.

WakaGrade

Grog 4 your Nog
Got some more Waka in today and gave it a test run. It seems to be touch a lot in the euphoric area. I'm really enjoying it!