What's new

Powdered Kava FIJI Yaqona Limited Edition Kava

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
The Kava Roots is proud to offer our newest Yaqona Special Edition Kava from Fiji. This Kava is fresh! We harvest and import our Kava in small batches to maintain the freshest Kava you can buy. We hope you enjoy our newest Noble Kava from our friends in Fiji.

Last edited by a moderator:

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
A fair question, but I'd just note that it probably doesn't have to be backed by any certification?
AFAIK the USDA strictly regulates the use of the term "organic" on product labels.
See this related discussion where I called out RoH for making the claim on their website, but not on their labels, presumably because they couldn't prove it.

Last I checked, there is no kava from Fiji that is certified organic.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I know GHK uses Organic Methods but never wanted to go through the process of certification. In the past,he has explained the organic growing methods that he uses. So perhaps @Paulie-Paul and future vendors can explain their organic techniques and what they add to the soil. That would be cool with me and way more information than most vendors provide.
The problem is that the vendors (other than GHK) don't grow their kava, and don't know the organic techniques employed by the grower, if any. You and I might trust a vendor, but we don't know their middleman or their grower. "My grower told me he doesn't use Glyphosate" is about as good an answer a vendor will get from his exporter/middleman, and we don't know whether that's factual or whether he's just being told what he wants to hear.

I'd be great to have organically grown kava in the market for those who consider that important, but growers won't have an incentive to go organic and get certified if every other vendor uses the organic label without having to prove their claim.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Malo Guys! Great to see this discussion going on here. The truth is my Kava is not certified Organic by any governmental agency. I am a very small supplier in a big pond and the process of certifying such small batches from the small family plantations I deal with would not make sense. This being said, I consider the growers I deal with to be friends and I am completely aware of the Organic methods they use to grow their Kava. For the sake of transparency I have decided to remove any claims to being organic on my website and any new labelling will have the word "Organic" removed. I want you guys to know though that I am proud of the Organic quality of my Kava and I will always stand behind the product I sell.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the post. Getting that organic certification is tough. The only certification that counts in my book is the one that is issued by @Deleted User at True Kava and that in itself is a big step. It must be a big step since some vendors don't have the TK label certifying that it has been tested for nobility.
I tried to contact Deleted User I while back about testing.Do you have a contact address I can samples to Java?

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Malo Guys! Great to see this discussion going on here. The truth is my Kava is not certified Organic by any governmental agency. I am a very small supplier in a big pond and the process of certifying such small batches from the small family plantations I deal with would not make sense. This being said, I consider the growers I deal with to be friends and I am completely aware of the Organic methods they use to grow their Kava. For the sake of transparency I have decided to remove any claims to being organic on my website and any new labelling will have the word "Organic" removed. I want you guys to know though that I am proud of the Organic quality of my Kava and I will always stand behind the product I sell.
I appreciate your response, @Paulie-Paul. I know it's not worth much since I'm not a customer (nothing against your kava, I don't buy kava online at all), but the positive, honest response certainly wins you a lot of "trust points" in my book.

Last edited:

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
Good discussion. I am concerned about organics and would definitely throw my business more to those that can at least provide some assurance of organic product. I roast my own coffee and it's a similar situation. Certification is an expensive thing for most coffee farmers. I buy most of my coffee from a vendor who seeks out coffee that usually isnt certified but organic farming practices are used. This particular vendor has relationships as well with the farmers.
I'd also like to know more about the yaqona, but needed to chime in on the jacked thread ;)