What's new

Powdered Kava Review FIJI Yaqona Limited Edition Kava

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
This is a great Fijjian kava! Here is an excerpt from a post I made comparing this with Vanuatu Select:

"The Kava Roots defy my preconceived notions [of Fijian Kavas]. The Yaquona is a darker kava and VERY stony. Its a typical tinglyness in the limbs, but it numbs the face in a way that makes me feel… Well… Goofy. It’s fun to drink this one while I’m hiking or walking the dog. It makes for a awkward, stumbling stroll with not a worry in the world. This is a good one to drink out of a thermos at happy hour when everyone else is drinking alcohol. This one is not specificied on the package if it’s a Waka (lateral roots) or Lawena (stump). Fiji kavas usually have these parts processed separately. Most Kava in other places like Hawaii, Tonga, Vanuatu, etc. process and package the whole root system together. Maybe the Yaqona had lateral roots and stump all ground up together. However they did it, it felt RIGHT!"

The Kava Roots is just a solid, wonderful vendor. I typically can get great Fijians from Squanch and other vendors for a bit cheaper, so i may not buy this one again... but its worth the try at least once. Especially if you are already on their site getting other varieties.

See my FULL blog post here: