What's new

I love Kava Fijian kava on a rainy Monday.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Hey all! I am enjoying some cold water kava. Here's a photo of the strainer, pot (which serves as a Tanoa) and final brew color. The pot is nice to pour from and easy to clean.
IMG_2022-07-18-11-08-17-760.jpg IMG_2022-07-18-11-08-25-983.jpg

Getting rain all day, that is a good thing. People here recognize that we have high fire danger just a few days after a soaking rain. I wondered where all the water goes, then I hiked in the forest, and remembered the plantlife is sucking it all up.

Here is a description of some of the vegetation I encountered.

Flowers taller than me. Reed canary grasses also towering above me. Even a few wild roses dangling over my head, plants too pretty to photograph. Some of the weeds have a sweet minty smell which faded away quickly when it gets on your skin. Milkweeds are very tall, having their floral and fruity smell, like watermelons. I saw a monarch butterfly feeding off one, and the milkweed often hosts the caterpillars and feeds them, providing shelter for cucoon stage as well. An invasive vine grows with purple flowers and strangles everything it can. Red and white clovers grow taller in the woods, up to my knee. Baby's breath with the flowerhead wider than my full hand extended, and some of those "Moonflowers" in the Nightshade family, dark purple, five petals, yellow cone shaped stamen, and black berries that absolutely nothing eats, or, the bell shaped flowers with colors of robin egg blue, white, and pink. I don't know what this means, finding such an arrangement of flowers in the wild. Seeds find a way to move around; the other day I saw a house with a tree growing out of the roof, and people walking around inside!

I love the cold water kava because it is fresh tasting and does not spoil too quickly. I used to enjoy hot kava, and occasionally do still, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. I have enjoyed room temp kava, and lately it has been tap cold, for almost seven months. When it's time to turn up the heat, I will.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the day!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey all! I am enjoying some cold water kava. Here's a photo of the strainer, pot (which serves as a Tanoa) and final brew color. The pot is nice to pour from and easy to clean.
View attachment 12643 View attachment 12644

Getting rain all day, that is a good thing. People here recognize that we have high fire danger just a few days after a soaking rain. I wondered where all the water goes, then I hiked in the forest, and remembered the plantlife is sucking it all up.

Here is a description of some of the vegetation I encountered.

Flowers taller than me. Reed canary grasses also towering above me. Even a few wild roses dangling over my head, plants too pretty to photograph. Some of the weeds have a sweet minty smell which faded away quickly when it gets on your skin. Milkweeds are very tall, having their floral and fruity smell, like watermelons. I saw a monarch butterfly feeding off one, and the milkweed often hosts the caterpillars and feeds them, providing shelter for cucoon stage as well. An invasive vine grows with purple flowers and strangles everything it can. Red and white clovers grow taller in the woods, up to my knee. Baby's breath with the flowerhead wider than my full hand extended, and some of those "Moonflowers" in the Nightshade family, dark purple, five petals, yellow cone shaped stamen, and black berries that absolutely nothing eats, or, the bell shaped flowers with colors of robin egg blue, white, and pink. I don't know what this means, finding such an arrangement of flowers in the wild. Seeds find a way to move around; the other day I saw a house with a tree growing out of the roof, and people walking around inside!

I love the cold water kava because it is fresh tasting and does not spoil too quickly. I used to enjoy hot kava, and occasionally do still, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. I have enjoyed room temp kava, and lately it has been tap cold, for almost seven months. When it's time to turn up the heat, I will.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the day!
Too bad you live too far away, I'd "drop" by all the time, hehe.