What's new

Finally Had a Bad Experience Mixing Alcohol and Kava

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Miserable. Pounding headache and extreme nausea. Woke up this morning to watch football (soccer) and had many pints of beer. About six hours later had a quick, strong Kava session. Was immediately very sick and ended up laying down and passing out early. Woke up feeling even more sick.

Ugh.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Chelsea is my team, blue is the color! I've been a fan for about 12 years. Chelsea used to have a lot of West African players, and I first got into the game while I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Ghana

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I may do that this afternoon and go watch Chelsea vs Middlesbrough !
Always good to see Middlesborough mentioned outside of...well....Middlesbrough. I grew up down the road in Hartlepool. Are they really in the premier league now? When I left England 20+ years ago for Vanuatu they were just a bunch of unemployed guys kicking a ball around...

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Chelsea is my team, blue is the color! I've been a fan for about 12 years. Chelsea used to have a lot of West African players, and I first got into the game while I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Ghana
My dad was a lifelong supporter of Chelsea - born and bred in Chelsea itself (when it wasn't so swanky!). Moved to Derby but stayed true to the blue. At his funeral we played "blue is the color"!

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I'm pretty sure I ran into @Kavasseur when he was walking back from the pub. I can attest that there were no signs of drunkenness.

I know from experience that it doesn't take much. I've had people over for drinks before going out, and I usually "pregame" with kava. I've make the mistake of drinking just 1 beer at the bar, just for the sake of having a cup in my hand. My stomach hurt while drinking the beer, and the dry mouth/headache I usually get from hangovers was significantly worse than it should be for one beer. Loud bars are also not as fun with kava.

After that mistake, I usually just keep "pregaming" with kava long after my friends have left for the bar ::shell::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I was just asking for instant advice as I see you have reviewed a few recently but I'm aluballing in the truck now so no worries :)