What's new

First Acetone Test

DirTJerz

Error 404
Acetone2.jpg

From L to R: GHK Boroguru, "Milk of the Pacific" Fu'u from Amazon, and BKH Boroguru.

From my visual analysis IRL, They are all kind of pale, but the fu'u from amazon seems lightest, and the same hue as the GHK. The BKH is a little stronger, but still seems yellow or almost neon green. I do see in the picture here it may look a bit orange on top.

Anyway, I don't have any conclusions or questions. I just thought I'd post my little experiment!
Acetone111.jpg

Last edited:

DirTJerz

Error 404
Don't know why, but I'm having trouble with pictures and the thread, and now some of my text disappeared. Anyway, I just said that this is a little experiment with GHK Boroguru, "Milk of the Pacific" Fu'u from Amazon, and BKH Boroguru. I tried to keep the amounts consistent, but didn't exactly measure (don't have a funnel or level tbsp...) or probably do the right ratio. It looks like I put very different amounts in, but I think it has to do with the grind. The BKH Boro (from 4 months ago) and Fu'u are very fine, and the GHK has large fibers.

DirTJerz

Error 404
Lol I really screwed this one up, huh? Yeah they all look light in person, but perhaps the photos exaggerate that with the lighting. I probably have too low a root:acetone ratio, and maybe the narrow tubes enhance the lightness. I guess this is what I get when I mix my scientific side with my improvisational side. I like to experiment, I just don't like to be bothered with controls or measurements. Yes, it is pure acetone. I shouldn't have said it looked green...I guess I was looking for a way to say it looked a little more intense, but not in an orange way. Maybe it's the blue rack.

Thanks for the comment, Deleted User. I have to admit, it took me awhile to be able to reconcile your brilliance with the silliness evoked by your Avatar, but all I had to do was go watch a video of Deleted User Marx be hilarious while simultaneously playing harp beautifully, to remember how much of a genius he was!

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I don't know about "brilliance", but I do greatly admire the Marx brothers, and Deleted User in particular. Since I can't quote him, I leave you with this thought from Groucho: "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
This is a great phrase, but it is possible that Marx wasn't the one who authored it: http://quoteinvestigator.com/category/jim-brewer/

My favorite quote from Marx is "I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member" ;)

DirTJerz

Error 404
Your photo definitely looks bright yellow on my monitor, and way different from my samples. I may not have shaken the tubes enough. It felt like awhile but may not have been enough. I just shook them again, so we'll see.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@DirTJerz Thanks for doing your test and posting the results!! (y) I might be blind, but it doesn't look like specified which products you tested. You say BHK, but for which product? (sorry if it's there and I just don't see it). ::happyshell::

DirTJerz

Error 404
From L to R: GHK Boroguru, "Milk of the Pacific" Fu'u from Amazon, and BKH Boroguru.

It was supposed to say that, but my computer and I had some issues with posting the pictures, so I was just happy they made it up.

Roaddog

Kava Who?

It was supposed to say that, but my computer and I had some issues with posting the pictures, so I was just happy they made it up.
Your not the only one. Half my pictures wont post either. I don't know whats up. I get a too large File, error code. Drives me nuts. Hey @Kapmcrunk , do you know why it keeps doing that? Sorry to bother you, my friend. Much love. Roaddog....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Roaddog Yep, that's the culprit. To keep our database size manageable we have to limit the pictures to 3400 kb per file.