What's new

First impressions

Chakram

Kava Curious
Alrighty, I finally prepared Kava two different times two different ways this past weekend.

What I bought was 1/2 lb Nambawan powder from Bula Kava House.

First preparation was 2 tbsp blended first dry to grind it finer, then blended with 8 oz room temp tap water….broke my blender. Ah, well. I kneaded it extra in panty hose, strained twice, and combined with soy milk.

I hadnt eaten in a few hours so stomach was pretty empty. I actually only drank a few mouthfuls. My mouth felt tingly so I took that as a good sign. I heard you don’t feel anything the first time so I was really surprised to immediately feel a wave of something very pleasant. I wondered if it was placebo effect it kept on for a few hours in gentle waves. Nothing crazy, just a pleasant feeling of heady euphoria.

I finished the glass the next day 16 hours fasted and felt nothing…..

Second prep was today using the Alluball and 4 tbsp of powder combined with soy milk, tho I only drank half. I actually had eaten and again, didn’t expect to feel much. But this feeling is quite distinct and very strong. I’m surprised at the variety of reactions I’ve had that have different from what I expected. But I’m not complaining - this is a relaxing way to calm anxiety & still be able to fully function.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Alrighty, I finally prepared Kava two different times two different ways this past weekend.

What I bought was 1/2 lb Nambawan powder from Bula Kava House.

First preparation was 2 tbsp blended first dry to grind it finer, then blended with 8 oz room temp tap water….broke my blender. Ah, well. I kneaded it extra in panty hose, strained twice, and combined with soy milk.

I hadnt eaten in a few hours so stomach was pretty empty. I actually only drank a few mouthfuls. My mouth felt tingly so I took that as a good sign. I heard you don’t feel anything the first time so I was really surprised to immediately feel a wave of something very pleasant. I wondered if it was placebo effect it kept on for a few hours in gentle waves. Nothing crazy, just a pleasant feeling of heady euphoria.

I finished the glass the next day 16 hours fasted and felt nothing…..

Second prep was today using the Alluball and 4 tbsp of powder combined with soy milk, tho I only drank half. I actually had eaten and again, didn’t expect to feel much. But this feeling is quite distinct and very strong. I’m surprised at the variety of reactions I’ve had that have different from what I expected. But I’m not complaining - this is a relaxing way to calm anxiety & still be able to fully function.
It can be a bit of hit or miss in the beginning, and sometimes it happens later too. Sometimes you try a strain that doesn't do it for you, happens to me sometimes, when trying new ones and I've been drinking kava regularly for over 7 years.

Sounds like you got a lucky preview of what's to come, regularly...:)

Chakram

Kava Curious
This forum has been so wonderful! I mostly just read a lot. Figuring out how to prepare it & what to expect would have been really overwhelming otherwise. Thank you all!