What's new

First Time with Kavafied Supreme

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Hello Everybody, so I've been drinking KWK micronized Loa Waka and Pouni Ono. I did try Wakacon Waka (traditional prep and Aluball) and just couldn't hear it. I do have some Pacific Root coming (good sale right now, by the way) but I've never tried anything as heavy as what has been described about Supreme. Where would be a good starting point? I only have one aluball currently but thought I could do 2 minutes or so, empty and reload using the same water to not overload the ball. Maybe I should just do traditional prep.. is cheesecloth good enough to strain. I'm trying not to overwhelm my GI tract. I have had no adverse reactions to micronized or when I tried the Wakacon but I tend to err on the side of caution with Kava as I get to know it. (god knows I've never done that before with anything else.. lol... oh being human) I don't want my relationship with Kava to go to extremes hence having a destructive relationship so I feel myself out before I have another shell. Thoughts? Deep peace to All of Us.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I personally would go with the aluball if you're concerned about it being too sedative. Start with one, and if you find that's not enough move up your dosage gradually.

Yogini

I personally would go with the aluball if you're concerned about it being too sedative. Start with one, and if you find that's not enough move up your dosage gradually.
Thanks, Kapm. So one TBS at a time? I've had Pouni Ono already. A shell and a half. I thought that maybe I should wait until a bit later with the Supreme? It's very hard to sedate me (my Mom was the same) so even with sedation meds it takes a lot for me and I'm not a big lady. That said, kava could change that which would be nice!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thanks, Kapm. So one TBS at a time? I've had Pouni Ono already. A shell and a half. I thought that maybe I should wait until a bit later with the Supreme? It's very hard to sedate me (my Mom was the same) so even with sedation meds it takes a lot for me and I'm not a big lady. That said, kava could change that which would be nice!
I would do the 1-2 tbsp as recommended and move upwards from there. :)

Yogini

I would do the 1-2 tbsp as recommended and move upwards from there. :)
Well, I can say I'm happy I'm taking my time with this one. It is definitely very present after 3 shells (using 4 TBS). I'm still working through a bit of RT but I am getting past it. This definitely is showing that gently.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I can say I'm happy I'm taking my time with this one. It is definitely very present after 3 shells (using 4 TBS). I'm still working through a bit of RT but I am getting past it. This definitely is showing that gently.
Are you using sunflower lecithin? Or whole milk, to potentiate rhe ectraction? Sorry if you've already been over this somewhere are which I have read my memory is a bit of a wormhole lately lol!

From my initial studies into the whole reverse tolerance thing I decided I think it is genuine and does apply to some more than others so keep working through that but try the lecithin or whole milk if you have not so far. I add a good teaspoon of lecithin to the blender and about half a teaspoon to my Alluballs.

Hope all is well with you.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Oh yes, I got very close to trying the Kavafied Supreme but then tons of Amazon.com products suddenly wouldn't ship UK, many still don't. I have heard high praise.