What's new

First time

I just received my order of Bula's Boroguru, last night was my first time ever trying kava. I used 6 tablespoons to 2 cups of warm water and massaged for 10 minutes. i had no effects other than numbing in my mouth. as i understand this is normal. is there any advice on how to boost my reverse tolerance and feel the effects

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
just keep drinking, you can try adding some soy lecithin too

drink every day if u want it to happen faster

you could also try a stronger batch

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Try some different types as well. I had trouble distinguishing high DHM kavas early on (like borogoru is), even though they're strong. I think Fu'u was the first that I really felt. Otherwise there isn't all that much you can do but knead for longer, use a strainer that lets a little more goodness through, etc. You'll get there, but it can take a good amount of time.

kl.c double

Kava Curious
there seem to be different theories on how to deal with reverse tolerance, some have suggested taking the supplement pills or using small doses at first, others say drink a ton and youll eventually get off. For me, the  first three weeks, it didnt matter how much Idrank. I went through over a pound until I got there. Then I got some Stone kava and I think if I had been using it all along it might have happened a little faster, because it really is stronger than the other types i tried (kava by Rex).

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Boroguru can be a little labor intensive to get the absolute full potential out of. When I make Boroguru I squeeze'n'knead for a minimum of 20 minutes. But to really get all you can out of it when making it without a blender I can spend up to 40-45 minutes squeezing'n'kneading as much as my hands can stand it.

With the finer grind the current batch came in it's easier to do and doesn't take quite as long but I still feel it needs some attention beyond 10 minutes.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
Keep at it. Tonight I mixed a 2 cup batch with 4 tbls Boroguru. Then a rewash of the old with an additional 1 tbls of new root with maybe 1.5 cups water. Pretty krunked now after a light snack containing fat. Love this stuff!

kl.bukukava

Kava Curious
i definitely feel the boroguru, and I am very new to kava drinking, but it is giving me negative body load. more kava to water is preferred over evening the two out over time, i think. yesterday I drank a couple cups and it gave me more anxiety and fatigue than it was worth. less water + more kava should help a bit. but i believe, like K@, kava's body load is also due to the kava material. strain more if you are experiencing nausea. The idea is to get as much kavalactone (an alkaloid that occures naturally in the kava root) and less of the actual root powder. I'm assuming that there are things within the root powder that will upset ones stomach. So you want to ingest less root powder, more kavalactone if your experiencing nausea like myself. I also found, last night, that eating a meal after having my kava, bought a nice "rush" about, but the rush was very short lived. i'm hoping the positive effects increase over time.

kl.grudge

Kava Curious
Besides an empty stomach, make sure you skip caffeine, sugar or anything else that 'hops you up'. This will let you feel even minor effects much easier and won't 'work against the kava'. For some people it does take a while, I got over it in one marathon session but it is totally an individual thing.