What's new

Firsts experience of kava

Fadam

Hey I bought a borogu and make usually a 10-15g session twice a day. Its my second day when I drink it and definitly feel some effects maybe In future I will feel it stronger cuz of reverse tolerance. Sometimes when I make a bigger sip than usually when kava start loading I feel a bit anxoius my heart start racing fell dizzy and jiterry just for a while, when it load its okay. Not that scary but more unpleasnt, very similar felling to cannabis come up. Its that normal?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey I bought a borogu and make usually a 10-15g session twice a day. Its my second day when I drink it and definitly feel some effects maybe In future I will feel it stronger cuz of reverse tolerance. Sometimes when I make a bigger sip than usually when kava start loading I feel a bit anxoius my heart start racing fell dizzy and jiterry just for a while, when it load its okay. Not that scary but more unpleasnt, very similar felling to cannabis come up. Its that normal?
That's the kavain rush of a potent kava. Some love that feeling, others are more fond of the sedative feelings kava can provide.

Edit: Also welcome. Glad to have you with us.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I would personally suggest that you may be underdosing, and essentially, ultimately not doing kava it's full deserved justice.

I sound like a pusher, but we hear so much about reverse tolerance, which I did not expereince myself, but my diet, supplemenatary intake and long history of medical cannabis use has likely kept my neurotransmitter system primed and ready, but I am personally fairly convinced Reverse tolerance is a genuine phenomena for many new kava drinkers.

However, I have also been considering that in some cases, the issue is a mix of initial reverse tolerance, and underdosing basically.

I described the kava experience recently, in pertinence to dosing, like getting up the hill.

I believe a certain quantity can be required at times to unlock kava's magic.

In my own mind and experience, if I am not going to drink at least 30 grams, in a reasonable time period (not over 5 hours for example for 30 grams), I would not be interested in the venture, personally speaking.

This is a general comment. We all can have unique and contasting personal experiences.

There is not much which can go wrong anyhow. The only thing to do is keep trying. Be flexible, dosages, timelines, cultivars, order of the day etc.

It can take some lifestyle shufffling and adjustment to adapt and fit kava into one's regular routine.

Kava is very different to cannabis in that generic sense, IMO and experience. The "herb" you can just pick up and slot in anywhere, anywhen, any old how, theoretically at least.

Kava really requires more of a bodily intuition, an education, and experimenting and learning from that feedback, adjusting as you go.

Very unlike most all other psychoactive substances I have encountered in a number of ways.

But sufficient dosage is essential also in my own view. I am convinced at least a portion of newcommers reporting reverse tolerance to kava, just aren't getting up that hill, by underdosing, and are stuck in No-man's Land.

30 grams over two hours, I would suggest as a minimum target for anybody reporting no or insufficient effects, even a general unease can be felt in that no-man's land as I call it, until you apply a little more rev to reach the clear summit.

This all, of course, is just how I have come to picture things in this respect.

Edit- as above, also a warm welcome, "put your feet up", as we say in English slang! (Just don't make marks on the furniture lol.) :)

Last edited:

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
@Fadam you are experiencing Anxiety ... it's a new thing, so it's normal to get Anxious, and Anxiety will make your heart race and feel dizzy.