What's new

Foam in Urine After Imbibing?

doogalas

Kava Curious
Hey yall,

I have a strange symptom of passing foamy urine after and while drinking kava (1/4 cup of root nightly). Does anyone else have this? I know that can be a sign of kidney malfunction. It doesn't happen if I don't drink kava. Maybe it because I am peeing more forcefully? IDK, it seems to frothy for that to be it. It also sticks around in the toilet for about 30 seconds. It is freaking me out. I drink a lot of water with it. Probably a gallon + and I have to pee 4 times throughout my sleep because of it. I am also taking a small dose of mirtazapine (remeron) before bed about 7mg. Any counterindications besides sedation/sleepiness/dizziness?

Kindly,

Douglas

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Kava makes my pee yellow sometimes, and sometimes bubble. Remeron has potential to impact you in the long term, I encourage you to research the long term effects of prescription medicine and weigh the benefits and risks. I make my kidneys work very hard, between hot chili peppers, coffee, and kava, I'm also known to drink a gallon+ water in a day and that on its own can stress our kidneys.

If we are holding onto our electrolytes, such as minerals, and just the right amount of salt and omega fat acids, we should be able to precisely tune the level of water we drink to please our kidneys. This is my take on the matter. Bula.

doogalas

Kava Curious
I really like your balanced advice. I am going to adopt it and start acting upon it. Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to write. It means a lot. I hope others can benefit from what you have said as well. Bula to health!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
You're welcome. I'm here for you, and I notice changes in the way my body responds to herbal remedies. Kava comes through my sweat and I like it. I can be seen holding my hands to my face in appreciation. It feels good to relate for me as well.

I speculate Kava has magnesium in it.

I want more feedback on this topic, can anyone else give a hoot? Bula to health!

Hey yall,

I have a strange symptom of passing foamy urine after and while drinking kava (1/4 cup of root nightly). Does anyone else have this? I know that can be a sign of kidney malfunction. It doesn't happen if I don't drink kava. Maybe it because I am peeing more forcefully? IDK, it seems to frothy for that to be it. It also sticks around in the toilet for about 30 seconds. It is freaking me out. I drink a lot of water with it. Probably a gallon + and I have to pee 4 times throughout my sleep because of it. I am also taking a small dose of mirtazapine (remeron) before bed about 7mg. Any counterindications besides sedation/sleepiness/dizziness?

Kindly,

Douglas
i kind of thought that’s what kava is good for. Every time I wake up in the morning after drinking kava the night before I make a good wee yellow with foam and I think good flush out. The foam is probably because the stream is so strong, that’s a good thing too. Like I said good flush out.