What's new

Food and Drink "Rules"

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I am a little nauseated. Not much to eat or drink today. 16 oz 2 tbsp of makahea and I am feeling vodka drunk but not krunk. Maybe I just need normal food and drink in my case?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think so. In the rare case kava unsettles my stomach, eating a small inoffensive meal usually resettles it.

You might also try powdered root instead of micronized.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Just as our forum 'dude said, nauseousness from kava might be mitigated by eating a light meal but I don't know if I can attest to that because it's so rare when I do actually experience nausea from kava. Regardless it shouldn't hurt to try...but as a small reminder; kava is often more potent when consumed before a meal and not afterwards, why this's has to do with how kavalactones are processed through the body. Some have even reported increased potentiality from consuming foods laden in grease such as pizza; there have also been those whom exclaim eating not to long after taking kava re-instills the effects. Whether that's all fluff's for you to decide...I personally feel I've experienced this before but I can't say for sure.

Anyways I hope the nausea isn't a reoccurring symptom and that you can enjoy your kava at ease eventually, happy shelling @Pacifico ::chugger::

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Just as our forum 'dude said, nauseousness from kava might be mitigated by eating a light meal but I don't know if I can attest to that because it's so rare when I do actually experience nausea from kava. Regardless it shouldn't hurt to try...but as a small reminder; kava is often more potent when consumed before a meal and not afterwards, why this's has to do with how kavalactones are processed through the body. Some have even reported increased potentiality from consuming foods laden in grease such as pizza; there have also been those whom exclaim eating not to long after taking kava re-instills the effects. Whether that's all fluff's for you to decide...I personally feel I've experienced this before but I can't say for sure.

Anyways I hope the nausea isn't a reoccurring symptom and that you can enjoy your kava at ease eventually, happy shelling @Pacifico ::chugger::
Thanks. Just had some pizza actually. I just need to push through for now. Not much to lose...