What's new

Foods or drinks that you use after drinking kava to make the bitterness go away

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Only thing that works for me to get the bitterness to go away from kava is fresh pineapple. Thing is, after eating fresh pineapple, my tongue starts to hurt for a day. Tried fruit juice and peanut butter, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I used to down these flavored waters they have at my local grocery store they have this very strong fake chemical fruit thing going on and it seems to really neutralize the taste. Now I embrace the darkness and drink it straight.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I used to down these flavored waters they have at my local grocery store they have this very strong fake chemical fruit thing going on and it seems to really neutralize the taste. Now I embrace the darkness and drink it straight.
What he said. No one lavishes the taste and if you do your alien. What I do enjoy is the effects and I've been stuck in so many situations without pineapple that you kinda just havta learn to drink it straight if u wanna enjoy it fully. That being said Hawaiian taste the sweetest. ROH has fresh frozen Hawaiian and obviously there Is gourmet Hawaiian kava

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Alright, EVERYBODY CALM DOWN I'VE GOT THE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM

Coffee creamer. Legit. Go to the store, go buy yourself some super-bad-for-you flavored creamer, mix a bit in your grog. I promise it'll taste better and will go down SO much easier.

Enjoy.

Yvs

Kava Curious
I actually don't hate the taste surely it's not the most pleasent drink but not too bad either. Perhaps it's a matter of getting used to it(drinking daily).

A strong ginger beer is a good chaser if you had a cup of very strong kava.