What's new

Kava Recipe Found a cool trick

Bjorn Bjarguson

Kava Curious
I make a coffee(sometimes decaf sometimes from coffee-grind or there-abouts espresso) that has heavy whipping cream, a little bit of cacao powder, and stevia. I started drinking a decaf coffee prepared this way throughout my session and I've noticed the effects a lot more, as well as a lot less of the overloaded feeling.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I make a coffee(sometimes decaf sometimes from coffee-grind or there-abouts espresso) that has heavy whipping cream, a little bit of cacao powder, and stevia. I started drinking a decaf coffee prepared this way throughout my session and I've noticed the effects a lot more, as well as a lot less of the overloaded feeling.
It may be the whipping cream.
its been said that a fat source releases more Kavalactones

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Try putting some milk into your kava when you mix it. I find it boosts the kava while I drink it rather than afterwards. I use about a quarter skimmed milk to three cold water.

Bjorn Bjarguson

Kava Curious
Try putting some milk into your kava when you mix it. I find it boosts the kava while I drink it rather than afterwards. I use about a quarter skimmed milk to three cold water.
Yeah, I get a lot less of the buildup effects lingering later on, I may try mixing it with some dairy

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
I used ~ 2 oz by volume of Coconut cream instead of flax seed oil and it knocked me on the floor, double vision for about 30 minutes…..good thing I had nothing planned….just threw on some Tull and rode it out….whew!

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
Hmmm... I use half and half in my kava but I've never tried mixing it with half and half...that sounds fun!
Kava does love the lactose in milk, that much is known.

ValKrash

Kavalova
Haha I'm almost the same, one of my easy to make favourites is a "Kavaccino", just adding a spoonful of cappuccino powder and either a dollop of coconut milk, creme fraiche or peanut butter for the fat-kavalactone effect, and chase with a fruit or chocolate. yum yum :p