What's new

Fressshhhh NENE

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula! My order from Pu'u O Hoku arrived. As I carried the larger than a breadbox size package up the stairs, I thought, this is more like it! I should only be receiving packages of Kava that have some weight to them. Very happy to see the ranch included an Isa for me to try. I look forward to that piney flavor, some time when I won't be working the next day. Tonight, I work, so I have prepared 2 liters of fresh Nene from half a pound of hydrated root. I love the smell and taste, it is like carrot juice for me. Light smooth body, seems more appropriate for daytime Kava drinking than I am accustomed to from dry root powder.

I also have a tea towel, honey, and bananas. Fantastic vendor experience, frozen kava arrived frozen, flavor is impressive and I will be posting when I taste the other Kava's:
Nene
Mahakea
Pana'ewa
Hiwa
Spotted Hiwa
Hanakapi'ai
Isa

When preparing dry root, I always say I am introducing the water to the roots for the first time since it was alive. Now I can say that some of the life water it held is still in there. It's the best, this harvest is from September 8 of this year. Thank you.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I just received my third order from Pu'u O Hoku. No kava this time - more apple bananas (lots of apple bananas, more honey, and a hat! On my last order for kava I also purchased a tea towel. I think I'm obsessed.

So far I've consumed two packs of Rahmadel, one and a half packs of Spotted Hiwa. I use a cleaver and a steel to split the frozen bagged pop 1/2 back in the freezer. I've yet to try the Isa - haven't found the right time to try it yet! The Rahmadel is delicious and just about perfect in effects for me.

Totally agree about the vendor experience. I got a nice thank you card in my last order and everything always arrives so fast. I'm super impressed. I'd love to be able to visit the ranch or at least Molokai next time I'm over in Maui, which hopefully will be February 2021, if Covid behaves.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I just received my third order from Pu'u O Hoku. No kava this time - more apple bananas (lots of apple bananas, more honey, and a hat! On my last order for kava I also purchased a tea towel. I think I'm obsessed.

So far I've consumed two packs of Rahmadel, one and a half packs of Spotted Hiwa. I use a cleaver and a steel to split the frozen bagged pop 1/2 back in the freezer. I've yet to try the Isa - haven't found the right time to try it yet! The Rahmadel is delicious and just about perfect in effects for me.

Totally agree about the vendor experience. I got a nice thank you card in my last order and everything always arrives so fast. I'm super impressed. I'd love to be able to visit the ranch or at least Molokai next time I'm over in Maui, which hopefully will be February 2021, if Covid behaves.
No doubt a great vendor experience. Now if I ever get back to the islands they will be on my list for a visit....along with all the telescopes in Hawaii.