What's new

Fuu and Eua went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I think I missed something about where their Fuu and a Eua went to. I thought I read something about some Kava's getting low. Was Fuu and Eua part of that? I simply don't know how Kava grows (Other than slowly acording to Wikipedia [ok my bad attempt humor])

schatz

itchin for kava
I was needing the fu'u last winter and loving it. Don't know about Eua for sure but it's probably the same story. It seems kava can take 3 to 11 years to grow depending on strain, so yes it seems to take a while to replenish. If I find a kava that agrees with me I generally go back and purchase a few pds. of it so that I can enjoy it for a while as it runs out for some special strains and don't know when more will arrive.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I was needing the fu'u last winter and loving it. Don't know about Eua for sure but it's probably the same story. It seems kava can take 3 to 11 years to grow depending on strain, so yes it seems to take a while to replenish. If I find a kava that agrees with me I generally go back and purchase a few pds. of it so that I can enjoy it for a while as it runs out for some special strains and don't know when more will arrive.
AH!
Ok! That helps explain things! Huh I wonder if that meens GHK rotates what they have? or if their's something about Hawii and or Hawiian Kava's to grow more of the year? I'll put that in the: Wonderful Mysteries of Life ^_^

Edit: I also wonder what KavaKing might be doing so as to have a bunch. LOL not knocking them. I had something from that company many years ago. Really cool they some keep their stuff available so often ^_^ Ok I'm going to stop trying to make sense and have a little more 11 year

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
AH!
Ok! That helps explain things! Huh I wonder if that meens GHK rotates what they have? or if their's something about Hawii and or Hawiian Kava's to grow more of the year? I'll put that in the: Wonderful Mysteries of Life ^_^

Edit: I also wonder what KavaKing might be doing so as to have a bunch. LOL not knocking them. I had something from that company many years ago. Really cool they some keep their stuff available so often ^_^ Ok I'm going to stop trying to make sense and have a little more 11 year
I believe Chris mixes it up a bit, harvesting in a cyclical manner, so that his root is always the freshest it can be for the market.

SakauPHD

I just saw a post from Kavafied that said they just harvested the last of the mature kava plants on 'Eua. Maybe they got to them before Bula Kava House.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I just saw a post from Kavafied that said they just harvested the last of the mature kava plants on 'Eua. Maybe they got to them before Bula Kava House.
(Will Weaton Voice): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p Well then I shall have to keep my eye out for others like it other than Akua

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Oh, don't you worry. We'll have some nice Tongan kavas to fill the voids.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
AH!

No mystery. "Growers" in Hawaii run out too. The vendors then simply purchase kava from others who have access to plants and resell that.

Status
Not open for further replies.