What's new

GBP to NZD currency conversion rates

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I am almost completely certain that they are nothing to do with the old Kava Europe. In fact, that business was actually called Global Kava Exports and they were just about to change their name to Kava Europe when they had a large shipment of kava seized and were threatened with prison time if they continued to do what they were doing.

NZ Kava Society kavas will be available for pet use in the UK through my good self as soon as the GBPNZD starts going in the right direction!!!
You know, I never doubt your reasoning or knowledge Edward. But as far as I am aware, the NZD to GBP conversion has remained constant for some time.

I'm sure it was £1 to $0.5 before Brexit when I first ordered in January.

And it is exactly that now still.

I may well be missing something though, you guys live in the real world after all.
Good move on planning to work with Henry for Europe and UK pets.

The Kelai in particular is picking up increasing acclaim.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You know, I never doubt your reasoning or knowledge Edward. But as far as I am aware, the NZD to GBP conversion has remained constant for some time.

I'm sure it was £1 to $0.5 before Brexit when I first ordered in January.

And it is exactly that now still.

I may well be missing something though, you guys live in the real world after all.
Good move on planning to work with Henry for Europe and UK pets.

The Kelai in particular is picking up increasing acclaim.
Here's a weekly chart of GBPNZD. It dropped after the brexit vote and is slowly coming back and yes, it is around 2 nzd to a gbp but you can see it has been a lot stronger in the past.

GBPNZD_SBWeekly.png

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Here's a weekly chart of GBPNZD. It dropped after the brexit vote and is slowly coming back and yes, it is around 2 nzd to a gbp but you can see it has been a lot stronger in the past.

View attachment 10670
Thanks for clarifying that Edward. Like I say, you would know and I never doubted you either, I just never looked that far back.

Looks like the GBP was much weaker too several years back.

I actually have a KS order en route, 2 kg's Kelai, with shipping, worked out at £122 per kg so not too bad, especially considering that Henry announced this current batch of Kelai, sourced after the cyclone, tested at 12% kavalactones.

Members like Henry and yourself I pay full attention to, otherwise I may have found such a claim to be unbelieveable, as 12% is pretty damn high for regular kava root in my understanding.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Thanks for clarifying that Edward. Like I say, you would know and I never doubted you either, I just never looked that far back.

Looks like the GBP was much weaker too several years back.

I actually have a KS order en route, 2 kg's Kelai, with shipping, worked out at £122 per kg so not too bad, especially considering that Henry announced this current batch of Kelai, sourced after the cyclone, tested at 12% kavalactones.

Members like Henry and yourself I pay full attention to, otherwise I may have found such a claim to be unbelieveable, as 12% is pretty damn high for regular kava root in my understanding.

The main challenge for us is the absurdly high shipping cost in this covid era. NZ Post have increased their rates by apx 50-100% depending on weight and destinations. We used to be able to send 1kg of kava to the UK for under 20 pounds. Now it's 30 or more. But there's nothing we can do about it, I am afraid. Hopefully at some point the cost goes down.

Our Pacific Elixir is a more affordable option than Kelai. Apx 75 pounds for 1kg at the current rate. Kelai is very expensive because of how hard and expensive it is to source it, but also because of the extra costs that are involved with making sure it's 100% kelai.

The potency in terms of kl % varies from batch to batch. A few months ago we did indeed get a batch that had apx 12%. But normally it's under 10%. I think the most recent shipment was 8% or 9%. To be honest though, it's actually hard to tell the difference cuz to me they both feel equally potent. I suppose it's because I only do one wash and, based on my experience, beyond a certain level of potency the differnece between batches is more evident when one tries to push it to the second or third wash.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
The main challenge for us is the absurdly high shipping cost in this covid era. NZ Post have increased their rates by apx 50-100% depending on weight and destinations. We used to be able to send 1kg of kava to the UK for under 20 pounds. Now it's 30 or more. But there's nothing we can do about it, I am afraid. Hopefully at some point the cost goes down.

Our Pacific Elixir is a more affordable option than Kelai. Apx 75 pounds for 1kg at the current rate. Kelai is very expensive because of how hard and expensive it is to source it, but also because of the extra costs that are involved with making sure it's 100% kelai.

The potency in terms of kl % varies from batch to batch. A few months ago we did indeed get a batch that had apx 12%. But normally it's under 10%. I think the most recent shipment was 8% or 9%. To be honest though, it's actually hard to tell the difference cuz to me they both feel equally potent. I suppose it's because I only do one wash and, based on my experience, beyond a certain level of potency the differnece between batches is more evident when one tries to push it to the second or third wash.
Thanks for clarifying Henry, and of course I understand your position.

Indeed, some are deterred to order from you overseas on account of high shipping costs, about which you can do nothing of course.

I just place suitably sized orders to balance things out because ultimately, your Kava prices are very good for the level of quality, consistency and potency.

However, I have been intending to share with you my recent checkout experience, just for feedback sake.

I already had 2 kg's Kelai in my basket, and shipping was 86 NZD.

But I added another 500 grams Kelai, and 4 of your strainer bags which I have wanted more of fir a while.

But then the shipping was about 145 NZD.

Suddenly, it made no sense, price wise, to add the extra 500 grams of Kelai. So I removed it and left the strainer bags in my basket, assuming being so lightweight it would not affect the shipping cost.

But I was shocked to see the shipping was now 126 NZD, from 86 NZD just by adding 4 strainer bags.

So it effectively would have cost me 60 NZD to add those 4 bags to my order. It didn't make sense to me at all but disappointingly I just remived them and the shipping returned to 86 NZD with just 2 kg's of Kelai in my basket.

No complaints at all Henry, I just wanted to share this feedback with you.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Thanks for clarifying Henry, and of course I understand your position.

Indeed, some are deterred to order from you overseas on account of high shipping costs, about which you can do nothing of course.

I just place suitably sized orders to balance things out because ultimately, your Kava prices are very good for the level of quality, consistency and potency.

However, I have been intending to share with you my recent checkout experience, just for feedback sake.

I already had 2 kg's Kelai in my basket, and shipping was 86 NZD.

But I added another 500 grams Kelai, and 4 of your strainer bags which I have wanted more of fir a while.

But then the shipping was about 145 NZD.

Suddenly, it made no sense, price wise, to add the extra 500 grams of Kelai. So I removed it and left the strainer bags in my basket, assuming being so lightweight it would not affect the shipping cost.

But I was shocked to see the shipping was now 126 NZD, from 86 NZD just by adding 4 strainer bags.

So it effectively would have cost me 60 NZD to add those 4 bags to my order. It didn't make sense to me at all but disappointingly I just remived them and the shipping returned to 86 NZD with just 2 kg's of Kelai in my basket.

No complaints at all Henry, I just wanted to share this feedback with you.
Hi mate,
Sadly, the NZ rates are quite brutal. They rates jump up every 100g, it's already often an unpleasant surprise for us when it turns out the box weight pushes us into their higher rate etc (hence we need to account for it when setting our rates), the same applies to strainer bags though. With the wrapping etc they do weight 50g each so in many cases getting a few would mean that you land in the next postage rate.. :/